Which way to go?

14xx

Hello all,

I've recently acquired a small, part-completed branch line terminus from Northpoint of this parish (thanks Nick), who has done all the complicated bits in terms of wiring etc. It's 4'6" x 1'.

I'd like to extend this by 4' on one side - not sure which yet though - plus fiddleyard. This is where I'd like your opinions please; I'd like to include a reasonably sized country station (already have a Knightwing kit), but am otherwise open to suggestions. The only other criteria is that I'd like to avoid any further wiring if possible - especially of points; the layout has Code 75 finescale track with Electrofrog points, all wired in one block so suitable for DC or DCC (I intend to use the latter). It looks too complicated for me to do!(Although a railway enthusiast for some time, I'm relatively new to modelling). I'm hoping to produce a representation of a country branch in West Hants, circa 1955 (Downton/Fordingbridge area).

Here's the current track plan - all ideas/suggestions welcome. (P.S. I don't want the station where it is on the plan as I intend to have a 'whole' station with a through platform)

Best wishes,

Pete.

post-1375-019347300 1290519835_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

For minimal work, extending on the right hand side of the plan looks the best route to go down. Just extend the platform line and the head shunt. You could then serve the end of this with a simple cassette to allow for through running. If I were doing this though I would be tempted to add a couple of points on the new board, one joining the head shut to the platform line to make a longer loop and a second off the head shunt to add an extra platform.

For minimal work, extending on the right hand side of the plan looks the best route to go down. Just extend the platform line and the head shunt. You could then serve the end of this with a simple cassette to allow for through running. If I were doing this though I would be tempted to add a couple of points on the new board, one joining the head shut to the platform line to make a longer loop and a second off the head shunt to add an extra platform.

Many thanks Kris.

Archived