Generic lorries

Del

I'm looking for a plain (i.e. non-signwritten) lorry for my post-war goods yard.

All the lorries I can find from Oxford, Skaledale, Pocketbond etc. have some form of company name or location on them, but I want to add the name of the factory that will be on the layout, which will be an ancestral surname.

Does anyone have any ideas for a late-40's-ish truck that will fit? I'm not even fussy about the colour!

I'm looking for a plain (i.e. non-signwritten) lorry for my post-war goods yard.

All the lorries I can find from Oxford, Skaledale, Pocketbond etc. have some form of company name or location on them, but I want to add the name of the factory that will be on the layout, which will be an ancestral surname.

Does anyone have any ideas for a late-40's-ish truck that will fit? I'm not even fussy about the colour!

The early Base Toys lorries were in plain liveries and some of these may still be available, alternatively you could use one of the Oxford or Pocketbond vehicles and remove the printing with a cotton bud and nail varnish remover and then apply your own name or buy a kit from Langley or RTI and paint it yourself?

(both posted at the same time Phil!)

the airfix RAF recovery and ground crew sets include kits for lorries that could have been around in the 40s (bear in mind the huge number of army surplus vehicles after the war that got sold into private hands, so the millitary origins shouldnt be a problem), the kits are easy to fit homemade bodies to, and will produce a model a little different from what is available readymade. i think peco do a kit for a thornycroft lorry of the right era too?

hope this helps

jon

Archived