60007 at Wokingham.

Afternoon All,

If anyone's interested to have a look, I posted a couple of pictures of yesterday's 'Cathedrals Express' passing through Wokingham on my Fotopic site last night. Here's the first one :

1fmzz4.jpg

Clicking on the picture will enlarge it and take you to the others. Alternatively, click on this link :

http://ronfisher2.fotopic.net/c1907221.html

As usual, they are in the 'Stop Press!' collection for new pictures; in due course I shall move them on and they will then be found in the Main Line Steam collection which is here :

http://ronfisher2.fotopic.net/c1354436.html

Hope that they are of interest.

Guest Belgian

How does TOPS cope with duplicate numbers? I thought this thread was going to about

2958373141_bb02868d90.jpg

60007 2008-05-02 Newport by Banbury Bob, on Flickr

Steam locomotives are TOPS class 98 and are numbered according to their power classification and the last two figures of their running number. Thus "Sir Nigel Gresley", a class 8 Pacific with running number 60007 is TOPS number 98807.

JE

Thanks for posting that pic Ron, I didn't know it was coming through.....:(

Do you live locally also?

Yes, but only since mid-November when we moved to a temporary address in Finchampstead. We used to live near St. Neots so most of my main line fots were at or around Offord Crossing. No sooner had I left there than a whole series of steam specials ran, or are running, on the ECML!

However, seeing No.7 at Wokingham has made up for it. It was damn cold up on that bridge though!

Steam specials across the country are listed, mostly with detailed timings, on :

http://www.uksteam.info/tours/index.htm

Great photos. I too didn't know it was passing through. How do you find out such things?

[Edit] Uhh! thanks for answering my question before I'd finished typing it ;)

Still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about the weather :-)

Location is in the notorious Thames Valley (M4 belt) which has its very own climate control - We have had snow, it is just that it is invisible.

Hi,

I was at Kings Cross yesterday to see her off, she was about 10 minutes late coming in with the ECS, but went on time.

Posted a few pictures up on my Gallery .

She sounded great departing, only sounded though, I couldn't see her through the huge amounts of amounts steam amitted from the Cylinder cocks! The driver probably saw my friend and I standing at the end of Platform 0 and decicded to get abit of revenge! :lol:

Simon

Awesome pics -- wish I was there! I didn't know that loco was operating at the moment but it looks great in that early-BR blue/purple livery.

Still trying to figure out what all the fuss is about the weather :-)

Rob

(Toronto, Canada)

Hi Rob,

There are 3 A4s operational, although Sir Nigel Gresley was going through overhaul on the North York Moors until recently, and although the weather here is apalling by our standards, I guess it's nothing compared to what you could be used to in Canada!

I'm guessing that your avatar shows you in front of "Dominion of Canada". The last I heard it was in need of a little TLC (Steam Railway Magazine). Can you confirm its current condition?

Thanks, best wishes, Mike

Ps...That's a lovely shot of 60007, nicely framed by the footbridge. Thanks Ron.

Archived