411 CEP SOUND IN 'N' GAUGE

BROADTRAIN1979

Hi all, Well hopefully in a couple of weeks, I should recieve my sound chipped 501 emu in 'n' gauge from olivias trains. Neil said it should sound as good as the 00 scale version and said i may be the first to have sound, on an 'n' gauge emu.I have used the farish suburban and a class 108 chassis for the job, as the 411 cep is near as damn it for the 501 sound. If all is well, i shall put a video clip on youtube, so you can judge for yourselves, how good the sound is. Sheba, already has the olivias sound on his 411 cep on youtube, which got me very interested, in having this sound on my emu :D

Sounds good (pun intended). The Farish 108 is a ggod place to start as there is a recess for the sound decoder and there is the ring holder for the speaker between the chassis block and the corridor connector. For better sound you might want to leave out any glass or make a hole in the connector as a route for the sound.

Do you have any pics of the unit pre-sound?

I have already fitted one of my OO Class 501's with an Olva's Trains sound chip( really a Class 411 chip) overall pleased with it especially the compressor sound not so shore about the one of the sounds when it is idling a sort of electrical crackling noise. Also wired up the headcode and tail lamp from the chip. Difficult to fit it into a 4mm model so good luck with your 2mm model which is looking good.

Xerces Fobe

PS Just starting building the brass bodied Oerlikon EMU! - anyone got a sound for that?:D

• 3 weeks later...

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af335/BROADTRAIN1979/100_5550.jpg[/img

just need to BR BLUE the middle coach and one complete 501 with sound. they are loud and crisp from the acceleration hum to the gaurds whistle. the compressor is excellent ,as is the airpipes.The door slam and horns and 'ting ting; bell brilliant!! I was told i may be the first in 'n' gauge to have this done and believe me its worth it, for any 1st generation emu Modellers. Thanks olivias. :)

just need to BR BLUE the middle coach and one complete 501 with sound. t:)

Looking good I think the easiest way to paint the centre coach blue would be with acrylic paint; I use it on my 501's good colour match easy to apply and dries quickly. Re: the Olivia's sound chip do you click the electrical background sort clocking sound when the compressors and other sounds are not working?

Xerces Fobe

Looking good I think the easiest way to paint the centre coach blue would be with acrylic paint; I use it on my 501's good colour match easy to apply and dries quickly. Re: the Olivia's sound chip do you click the electrical background sort clocking sound when the compressors and other sounds are not working?

Xerces Fobe

Hi nigel, Yes, When its standing ,it does its own thing.Tthe clocking sound and the compresssor sound, goes off every 25 seconds, its brilliant :D

Archived