Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

help finding LNWR station awning 4mm.

Does anyone know of a source of 4mm LNWR station awning plain type? finding it near impossible to get hold of.

cheers.

I need some (4mm) for the extension to London Road. I hope to add it to a test etch on the loco I am currently working on. There is no guarantee, but if I can do it I may be able to produce some spare to my needs, how much would you want?

Jol

Hi There,

the problem i have is that i have to have the model ready in a few weeks time, certainly before Wigan show 2nd weekend Dec.

I was certain that Slaters did it i as used it many years ago but funny enough never needed to use it untill now as for ( Delph Station )

thsnks for your time and concideration.

peter A Leyland

Might be the Slaters MR awning that you're thinking of?

http://www.slatersplastikard.com/accessories/scenicItems/4mm.html

Grand Junction (http://www.parksidedundas.co.uk/acatalog/GRAND_JUNCTION.html) do a series of 4mm mouldings for standard LNW wooden building panels (such as the structure at Prestatyn station) but it doesn't appear to extend to awning material.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi There,

the problem i have is that i have to have the model ready in a few weeks time, certainly before Wigan show 2nd weekend Dec.

I was certain that Slaters did it i as used it many years ago but funny enough never needed to use it untill now as for ( Delph Station )

thsnks for your time and concideration.

peter A Leyland

Hi Peter,

LNWR Station valance must be available from someone!

From memory - I've seen it on a modle but can't remember which.

However, if you go to this site:-

http://www.gtbuildingsmodels.co.uk/index.html

I think either you will find the product or someone who can produce it!

No connection at all - just passing information on!

Thanks

Hi Scotish modeller,

Thanks for your help, i don't think Geof does that particular type, i have no problem having it etched but time is at a minimum.

Its a strange thing in that i have produced over 200 + building models and never had to use this type of awning, very strange.

cheers.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Scotish modeller,

Thanks for your help, i don't think Geof does that particular type, i have no problem having it etched but time is at a minimum.

Its a strange thing in that i have produced over 200 + building models and never had to use this type of awning, very strange.

cheers.

Hi Gravy Train,

My thoughts were that this was the quickest way for you to get it done at such short notice....

I know it's not ob Geof's list - but you know how quick he can be!

Thanks

Peter,

I've taken a look at the Muswell Models site and think that the MR/LMS version, EV402 looks more like the LNWR version shown in Jack Nelson's LNWR Portrayed, than the one they describe as LNWR! I would be inclined to go for that.

Jol

Hi Chris,

Yes, they produce Awning in the same way as they would produce an etch by tooling up etc.

I just took it for granted it would be easy to get hold of but as mentioned aerlier in my posts i have never used this type before tho it is not a unique pattern.

cheers chris.

Archived