Fitting an Express Models lighting kit to a Heljan 47

47707 Holyrood

Is there anyone on the forum that can do a step by step (or similar) guide on how to fit an Express Models lighting kit to a '00' Heljan class 47 and also get it all working with a suitable decoder? I once had a Virgin liveried 47769 with all this and to this day i kick myself for letting it go! Really was nice with independent tail lights too.

I have just fitted an Express Models lighting unit into a Bachy 24 and found that the instructions with the lights were adequate for the wiring of the lights to the decoder. BTW I used a Lenz silver.

The main bit is to programme the chip and this depends what you want to fit - there are notes on this site about other locos with sound and lights - doesn't take much searching to find these.

• RMweb Gold

Is there anyone on the forum that can do a step by step (or similar) guide on how to fit an Express Models lighting kit to a '00' Heljan class 47 and also get it all working with a suitable decoder? I once had a Virgin liveried 47769 with all this and to this day i kick myself for letting it go! Really was nice with independent tail lights too.

Hi there,

This is realy one of those simple ones...

So far I have done 4 of them for a freind - and on an exhibition demonstration stand.

It really is as simple as 'Follow the instructions that Express models supply' when you do the installation.

Once you have the kit of parts installed it's a case of tidy things up so that wires don't get snagged up when you put the body back on.

The only extra I found I needed was some black paint and some black sealant.

These were used to stop light blleding and showing.

Thanks

Archived