If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello

Black Sheep

Hi,

I'm David, I'm originally from Yorkshire but now in the west midlands and recently started working in a model shop which has encouraged me to un-shelve my plans for my 2mm layout and build a small N guage until I have space for my intended project.

I've been building model railways since I was about 8, getting a train set for my birthday and going from there, working in 00 (still have the rollingstock and locos on loan to my dad) but railway building stopped when I moved to uni,

towards the end of my uni life I rented a flat on my own with enough space to build my pet project, Lakeside station on Windermere in 2mm - but then I met the girl who was to become my wife and the time and money some how wasn't there anymore.

now I live in a small terrace house so no space for a 12ft x 3ft completely scratch built layout, but I figure i have space for 1ft x 8ft but need it to be a quick build as my wife is a bit skeptical of the whole modeling thing, but more so my ability to actually finish it.

I've got a track plan sketched up (where should I post for peoples oppinions / suggestions on it?) and had another store in the chain I work for send me some points to start planning.

I'll let people know as I go.

Archived