1/43 Modern Military Vehicles

bobster

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

This is interesting but I'm desparate for a 1/43rd Mk 4 or Mk 5 WW1 tank that would go with the three warfalts that I've got. I belive that someone did a resin kit a few years ago and Adrian Swaine of ABS said he was thinking of doing one but I've not seen any sign of them.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Drifting slightly off topic - at our narrow gauge open day on Saturday in Derby we had the first public showing of a new layout Iraq 2003. This is to a scale of 1/35 and was a large sand covered scene that was really a display of all sorts of modern military vehicles but also had a narrow gauge railway running around it - the story being that UK troops helped the locals restore their railway to collect water in tank cars from a well.

The younger visitors loved it as there were photos of the prototypes of every model which they had to find on the layout - each vehicle also had a description of the kit and any modifications.

Not sure of other bookings but I know the layout will be at the 7mmNGA event at Burton on 8th May

Mike

A we bit of the topic,the Warflats that Brian Daniels as done which are Appleby model kits which do look fab, Brian was at the Bristol show at the WK end with these wagons on show with some Military vehicles aboard.

Question on the real MOD train they use orange Webbing straps with the old ratchet locking mech or chains.

Does anyone produce these in 7mm at all, just been looking on the Webb at model aircraft sector to see if they use anything that would help or to be modified, the only thing I have seen is the Seat Harness straps and buckles for the pilot in the old cock pit.

Or is the best way just to go with chain to retain the vehicles on the wagons, any ideas or thoughts

Again slightly off topic but a friend has a business producing kits of fire engines, both civil and military. You would definitely have seen a train carrying RAF and Army fire fighting/rescue vehicles on their way to Iraq or Afghanistan. If you're interested then PM me and I can pass on his details,

regards,

Archived