Any really good Class 37 websites.

Hi, I am currently doing some research for some spare Class 37 models that I wish to personalise, and being that there is an abundance of knowledge on this web I am enquiring to see which sites offer the best Galleries and information of loco histories. I use WWW.Class47.co.uk for the Duffs and this is a truly remarkable site for reference material.

Many thanks in advance

Craig.

A few include:

www.wnxx.com check the galleries.

www.c37lg.co.uk

ukrailwaypics.fotopic.net

www.tony-buckton.fotopic.net - my personal favourite.

There is an abundance of material elsewhere as well but here is just a few.

regards,

Lukasz

Hi Craig,

There are many members who are better researchers than myself, and no doubt, will point you in the right direction.

However, just a little tip from myself, no matter what loco class I am modelling, I use Fotopic:

http://fotopic.net/

Simply type the number of whichever 37 you want to model eg 37401, into the search engine, and click search.

You will then be confronted with three categories of results - Collections, Galleries and Photos.

If you click on Photos, Fotopic searches the net for any available photo of your loco, no matter what period or photographer.

Hope this helps a bit.

Andy

If you go on my blog, look on the right hand side and scroll down a bit - there's a list of photo websites. All ones I like use when researching locos for my own models.

www.tony-buckton.fotopic.net - my personal favourite

That's an excellent site! And Tony has an article on modelling Class 37s in N in the current BRM too.

If you go on my blog, look on the right hand side and scroll down a bit - there's a list of photo websites. All ones I like use when researching locos for my own models.

That's an excellent site! And Tony has an article on modelling Class 37s in N in the current BRM too.

Yes it is. My favourite as said. Photos of such good quality and such nice locos.

James did you get my personal message?

regards,

Lukasz

Archived