The mysterious R4744 Pullman Bar Car

mattog

Hi

Interesting I thought this was the only one the "Diamond Bar" done last year.

042.jpg

027.jpg

It is up there as you said on the Hattons site. Is it the same as above except another name.

Cheers

Martin

There's also the New Century Bar so I'm guessing they might do Pegasus, Trianon or Hadrian.

This is a typo in the Hornby catalogue this is Daffodill Bar car "Diamond" ...correct number is R4387...(which was first released about a year ago and there are now more stocks available ).....not R4487 as it is in the catalogue .

R4487 is also listed as a new Pullman "car no. 63"....this is correct .

The incorrect R number in the original post has just added to confusion ...

I know this all to be correct as I was at Hornby 5 hours ago sorting this particular bit of confusion out !!

Regards Trevor .. :D

Er that doesn't explain the r4474. I thought Daffodil was discontinued and was replaced by the current The New Century Bar?

It does explain......it was an typographical error ....Daffodil is actually listed correctly as R4387 on the Jan 2011 price list supplied with catalogues.....these things do happen especially in the rush to put information out with the new range lists...

Daffodil and New Century are 2 separate products ...and Hornby have produced more stock of Daffodil...nothing mysterious ...just supplying a demand...

Regards Trevor ... :D

Hi Marty MC,

just for reference, The Trianon Bar is used in the Queen Of Scots train (when forming the string of most unusual/antique coaches on railtours/excursions). I think it's the only Hornby 'Pullman'-like coach in the train.

So, you could operate the coach on a modern layout and it would look really superb with other antique coaches from the train, such as the clerestory (though need different bogies, I gather!!).

Also, for reference, Hornby box p/ns are:

R4387 Pullman Bar Car 'Diamond' 'Daffodil' Bar

R4418 Pullman Bar Car 'The New Century Bar'

Cheers,

Ixion.

Archived