Barnstaple Exhibition July 2011

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

The Barnstaple Model Railway Show, presented by Barnstaple Model Railway Club (now in 41st year) will be Saturday 30th July 2011.

Details to be added later.

If you are planning a holiday or visit to 'sunny' Devon, please call in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Full annoucement of layouts to follow in the next few weeks, but expect to see a broad mixture of 00, 7mm narrow gauge, 0 gauge and Gn15 narrow gauge layouts, plus trade support and second hand stall.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The following layouts have been booked for the show:

Bridport Town - 7mm narrow gauge (by DLT)

Orchard Road - 00 BR Blue depot layout (by Mudmagnet)

Tawbridge - OO layout - Barnstaple Model Rail Club - under construction (see layout thread)

Eisdala - Gn15

Compagne desgravillions et du sable de la Breton - narrow gauge

Lynton Station - 009

Lindon Road - 00

Swyncombe - 7mm 0 guage

plus trade support

More details to follow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bump! Just over a week to go!

Exhibition programs at the printers.

Cakes ordered (homemade).

Although there is no parking at the venue, drop-off parking in road only, but pay and display car park 2 minutes walk and 5 minutes walk to town centre.

Venue -

Christ Church

Bear Street

Barnstaple

EX32 7BU

Opening times -

Saturday 30th July - 10 am to 4 pm

Adults - £2.50

Seniors - £2.00

Children £0.50

If driving, park in Queen Street car park and walk through archway next to pub and bear left.

• 2 weeks later...

Some nice layouts.

I spend some time talking to the owner of Godshill about changing Gauge. It was good to speak to an individual who has been through a similar dilemma. All the layouts were fantastic - certainly a show I'll be popping back to. Perhaps maybe thinking about joining Barnstaple MRC - might need to if I switch to O Gauge, let others laugh at my misfortunes. biggrin.gif

Cheers,

~ Matloughe

This years Barnstaple show was one of the best ones I have been to so far, the layouts where a good mix and scales. I spent most of the show helping DLT on Bridport Town ,what a layout to play with , runs so well , shear joy!, Thanks DLT.

Thank you to the ladies that did the food and the Cornish pasties were very much appreciated.

A very well run and enjoyable show and the weather was fantastic, well done to all the members of the Barnstaple club for a good show , I hope you get the second room for next year .

All the best

Darren

• RMweb Premium

This years Barnstaple show was one of the best ones I have been to so far, the layouts where a good mix and scales. I spent most of the show helping DLT on Bridport Town ,what a layout to play with , runs so well , shear joy!, Thanks DLT.

Thank you to the ladies that did the food and the Cornish pasties were very much appreciated.

A very well run and enjoyable show and the weather was fantastic, well done to all the members of the Barnstaple club for a good show , I hope you get the second room for next year .

All the best Darren

I fully agree with Darren, a great show, in an excellent venue. Many thanks to all involved.

Thanks to you too Darren, for your help with operating during the day, as I was on my own.

All the best,

Dave.

I was naked when I got home.

I know it was pretty warm in there Ray, but I didnt think it was THAT hot....

Archived