Class 67

agentskj

• RMweb Gold

The Hornby model is properly put together and has a decent motor (unlike the lima one), however the tooling is still something of a dog. Very few (if any!) dimensions are correct, and there are a fair few details which are just printed on.

Can be detailed into quite a nice model (see my workbench blog) and most of the work involved is very easy (paint etches black and glue on), but the fundamental shape is still wrong unfortunately.

The only available detailing parts should be commercially available in limited numbers from next weekend at Warley (talk to Shawplan), the only other bits which are available are etched break disks from Intercity Models and the Express Models lights.

The Hornby model is properly put together and has a decent motor (unlike the lima one),

The only available detailing parts should be commercially available in limited numbers from next weekend at Warley (talk to Shawplan),

What have you found to be the problem with the Lima motor Rich? I have 4 and they are every bit as good as the Hornby one.

These shawplan parts, are they the etches you have produced?

• RMweb Gold

What have you found to be the problem with the Lima motor Rich? I have 4 and they are every bit as good as the Hornby one.

These shawplan parts, are they the etches you have produced?

Indeed they are. which reminds me I better call brian.....

As for the motors, I'd agree with what your saying in part, but your very lucky to have got 4 good ones. half my lima ones are useless while the rest are good. Also had one arrive with the drive in bits rattling around the inside.

Indeed they are. which reminds me I better call brian.....

As for the motors, I'd agree with what your saying in part, but your very lucky to have got 4 good ones. half my lima ones are useless while the rest are good. Also had one arrive with the drive in bits rattling around the inside.

Yes, they dont travel well in the post. Its not too juch of a job to put them back together usually.

The only problem i have found with the lima 67 is the traction tyres are not as good for pick up with dcc sound as the "all wheel" Hornby wheelsets.

I have e-mailed Shawplan enquiring as to what is in each detailing pack and the cost. Need 5 sets! looks like i will have to go to warley ater all now?

Archived