If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello Everyone

Zumo2567

Just got back into model railways after finding my old one from when i was younger the otherday.

Big thanks goes to Jam (SouthernRegionSteam) for introducing me to the forum.

Currently don't have a layout due to space issues so when ever i want to have a play with the trains it goes on the table! I'm looking for ways though where i can have more of a permanent layout.

I'm interested in the Southern Region of Steam in BR Days around the 1960's although I'm not to fussy about accuracy.

I'm hoping to learn lots as I make my way into the model railway world.

• RMweb Gold

Welcome to the forum!

Glad you have managed to sign up - you'll find loads of supportive members on here who have lots of advice and can help you work out how to get a more permanent layout. Currently i've taken up the whole of the dining room with mine and it's only some 6ft long! Perhaps look around the house and try and find areas of dead space that aren't being used?

Spend a couple days looking around the forum at the different areas and you'll be sure to find your way around.

There is a private messaging system if you want to 'PM' me, just click your username in the top right hand corner and you can find your profile area where you can PM me, or simply click the envelope icon under my name in my posts.

• RMweb Premium

Hi there, and welcome aboard. As Jam has probably told you, there's some pretty good modelling to be savoured on here - Jam's being one such. It's pretty inspirational, but whatever your standard, do let us see what you're getting up to, as any layout deserves to be shown on here, and you will get lots of encouragement. For Southern, there's a number of layouts, and check out Graham Muspratt's offerings to see post 1948 Southern modelling.

Also, there's loads of info - if you can't find what you need, then ask.

Regards

Stewart

Archived