HORNBY 56 LOST LIGHTS

FLEXIBLETRACK

Hi every one,just bought a Hornby 56 with sound,and I have lost my head lights both ends, the red tails are still working, the head lights were working when I first ran it. I put my own No in CV 1 altered CV 3&4 to my own settings and as far as I can remember and definitly not intentionally I did not alter any outher CVs.I have looked at the spring contacts,cleaned & made sure thay were making contact,no joy,any advice would be helpfull. I am useing a Lenz 100. Dave.

• RMweb Gold

The connectors between the chassis and the body can be right b&&&&&ds, to get the lights reliable on my Fastline 56s I had to put a smear of solder onto them - so don't assume the contacts still aren't the problem.

Likewise, I have found the 56's lights to be more than troublesome, especially if you have ever removed the body - I have about 5 models, including two sound examples, only one of which has fully working lights...

On all the examples the correct voltage appears at the chassis connections, but the spring 'wipers' on the cab seem to make a poor connection.

Just to add further confusion, I think I also found the polarity of the sound-equipped lights ( LEDS ) were different to the standard models...this won't matter unless you're swapping bodies, but it threw me ! :blink:

The connectors between the chassis and the body can be right b&&&&&ds, to get the lights reliable on my Fastline 56s I had to put a smear of solder onto them - so don't assume the contacts still aren't the problem.

thanks for the info,I had been thinking of connecting them with fine wire, but I will have a go with your idea.

Likewise, I have found the 56's lights to be more than troublesome, especially if you have ever removed the body - I have about 5 models, including two sound examples, only one of which has fully working lights...

On all the examples the correct voltage appears at the chassis connections, but the spring 'wipers' on the cab seem to make a poor connection.

Just to add further confusion, I think I also found the polarity of the sound-equipped lights ( LEDS ) were different to the standard models...this won't matter unless you're swapping bodies, but it threw me ! :blink:

Thanks, I think you have just told me why I have a problem! I did try and swap bodies,I have a standard model Load Haul 56 which I have weathered and wanted the sound in it,but the lights did not work when I swapped over so I put the body back on the Load Hall and its lights worked OK. It was only after I put the body back on the sound one that the head lights only failed to light.

• 8 months later...

Archived