A wonderful video of a Swedish layout

M Graff

To make a nice Swedish stem engine, you can do one of these from Ystad Eslöv Järnvägar in Skåne:

5tvywj.jpg

It´s based on a Bachmann Spectrum HO scale Ten Wheeler, it is a really nice model!

The conversion is made easier if you use the kit from ByggSvenskt, it costs around £110 + the price of the loco (wich can be found really cheap on eBay...).

To make a nice Swedish stem engine, you can do one of these from Ystad Eslöv Järnvägar in Skåne:

It´s based on a Bachmann Spectrum HO scale Ten Wheeler, it is a really nice model!The conversion is made easier if you use the kit from ByggSvenskt, it costs around £110 + the price of the loco (wich can be found really cheap on eBay...).

I have a couple of them (different wheel diameters) sitting around doing nothing. Hmmmm

Thanks for the links to the brass kits

Jon

I´ll second that! Even DJH´s instructions aren´t that good sometimes..... Don´t ask how I know ;).

Only sometimes? :D

Some of the best were Dan Pinnock's that he did for his later etched brass kits, although I still had bits left over when I built a swan-necked crane that weren't mentioned in the instructions.

If I remember correctly, the best instructions I came across were from one of George Norton's brass loco kits, either a J23 or J25

Jon

Archived