A wonderful video of a Swedish layout

M Graff

Hi all, I´m active on a few Swedish Forums as well (being Swedish and all....),

On The "Stinsen".Forum there was this link to a Layout video featuring a Forum friends work.

His name is Sture Bylén and he has made his layout to show how his childhoods hometown of Morshyttan looked in 1959 and also features a lot of real events and persons from the area.

I hope you will enjoy it, there is English subtitles in the works as I write this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umJWRaIlM00

I´m glad you all liked it. I think it shows really well how Sweden looked in the late 50´s.

I will forward your accolades to Sture! :)

BTW, there is a really interesting "feud" between the two friends Sture and Mölle-Mats (Mats from Mölle by the Sea...) on the Swedish forums,

The main cause of it is what musical instrument that is the best. Sture thinks that the Accordion rules, while Mölle-Mats is positive that the Saxophone is the instrument to use :lol:.

There has even been some really good photos in the Swedish book "Modelltåg 10" (Model trains 10),

A Diorama made by Sture shows how Mölle-Mats is being taken into custody by the Police for Indecent playing on the Saxophone (the likeness is amazing!)

• RMweb Gold

Fantastic model!

Just wondering, though... how come the catenary ends roughly around the station throat? Is it still a work in progress or did Swedish electrics operate on battery power in and around stations?

• RMweb Premium

M Graff I hope you post more swedish model railways. Sweden is a very beautiful country and with interesting trains. i hope to one day explore sweden by the rail.

I managed a few train rides when I was out in Stockholm last summer, including a trip on this very nice old railcar:-

post-107-0-59808000-1297076671_thumb.jpg

Gorgeous scenery, when the sun's shining anyway. B)

Jon: Oh yes, the last 10-15 years, the amount of Swedish Locomotives and rolling stock has almost been staggering (compared to what was offered earlier...).

We have in H0 scale (just from memory):

Electrics:

Classes: X2, Ub, Ue, F, Bt, Rc (about 10 different or so...), D, Da, Du, Ma, Re, Rapid, Hg, Ha and some more that I have forgotten.

Diesel:

Classes T43, T44, Z65, TMY, T66, Tb and some more small critters from the smaller manufacturers.

Railbuses:

Class: Y6, Y2 and some older Gas electrics of german heritage....

Steam locos:

Classes F, E, E2, K24, Sb, S1 (New this year), Ga and a lot more from the smaller Mfg´s.

Regarding wagons, there is SO many to choose from today both from the big MFG´s and the smaller brass kit MFG´s.

I have forgotten a lot of whats available, but that must be a good sign....;)

A few links:

Jeco

MJ hobby

So if anyone would like to model Sweden, there is quite a lot to choose from.

And please visit this Swedish Forum if there is any questions on Swedish models:

Stinsen Forum

Jon: Oh yes, the last 10-15 years, the amount of Swedish Locomotives and rolling stock has almost been staggering (compared to what was offered earlier...)

Thanks for that. Some of those Jeco locos look fabulous. I especially admire the 2-6-4 and the steeplecab electric. Some of those other older electrics have something about them too.

I could be very easily sidetracked if I'm not careful

Jon

.....BTW, there is a really interesting "feud" between the two friends Sture and Mölle-Mats (Mats from Mölle by the Sea...) on the Swedish forums,

The main cause of it is what musical instrument that is the best. Sture thinks that the Accordion rules, while Mölle-Mats is positive that the Saxophone is the instrument to use :lol:.....

Perhaps they could do a joint rendition of Gerry Rafferty's "Baker Street"? :lol:

It is a work in progress :), I don´t think he liked to put up the catenary before detailing the station area.

It all looks like he's using Marklin stud-contact anyway.

Archived