Insulfrog double slip

Hello.

I realise this is a common question and I have read various postings about wiring a double slip.

However, I wonder if members would assist a complete dumbo to wire one into my trackwork please?

My layout is mainly electrofrog points, only the double slip is insulfrog.

1) Do I still need to put insulated rail joiners at the frogs as the double slip comes directly off an electrofrog point.

2) I understand reading some posts it is a simple matter of applying +ve feed to the outer curved rails. Is this correct please?

3) If the answer to A is 'No' can I use nickel steel rail joiners on all track connections please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jeff Rippon

• RMweb Gold

1) Do I still need to put insulated rail joiners at the frogs as the double slip comes directly off an electrofrog point.

2) I understand reading some posts it is a simple matter of applying +ve feed to the outer curved rails. Is this correct please?

3) If the answer to A is 'No' can I use nickel steel rail joiners on all track connections please?

1 - Yes, always insulate the frogs, it makes life easier, and can easily be wired around if necessary.

2 - Yes

3 - NA

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

Just a couple of points for clarification please.

If the double slip has insulated frogs, as the name inplies, do I still need the insulated fishplates. Sorry if this sounds a stupid question.

Also if I do fit insulated fish plates is it just to the frogs or to the other rails as well?

Do I solder the feeds on the double slip after the insulated fishplates please?

Thanks,

Jeff

Archived