Hornby Magazine March 2011 issue 45

birdseyecircus

For those starting out I thought the supplement is rather good, be interesting to see the next part which from what has been advertised will have how to use the forthcoming Hornby DCC software.

Was the exact reason i picked it up. I thought at £3.55 i cant go wrong and so far its been pretty useful.

• RMweb Gold

Deepcar definitely 'makes' this issue although the overall impression I got of this mag was something of a step downwards/backwards from earlier standards (mind you - as ever - stupid photo captions don't help and one or two other things are distinctly dodgy with, for example, the loco servicing point at Kings Cross being described as 'a diesel depot'). So not the best of issues in my book.

Thanks for the Deepcar compliment.

I can't comment on the captions as I haven't yet seen a copy of the mag. We didn't write the captions, Mike Wild came and took the photos, last September I think, and despite several reminders didn't forward them for us to caption, therefore the captions have been done by the editorial team.

Good mag this month. 3 great layouts, Deepcar, Stockburn & Wulstanton Road. The Hornby Railroad class 40 upgrade & repaint article is usefull - I intend to redo one along these lines, though without sound / DCC.

Lots of interest in Woodhead these days, one of our now gone "Great Railways" (along with the S & D, Waverley route etc, etc)

Brit15

Archived