Peco On30 turntable

chaz

I am thinking of buying a Peco turntable. Does anybody know from personal experience whether or not the Bachmann 4-6-0 will fit on it? I think it should but before I buy one it would be good to have someone confirm that the combination is good.

Chaz

• RMweb Gold

I am thinking of buying a Peco turntable. Does anybody know from personal experience whether or not the Bachmann 4-6-0 will fit on it? I think it should but before I buy one it would be good to have someone confirm that the combination is good.

Chaz

This is one ON30 Bachmann loco I don't have but if anyone does have one and can compare it to the 2-6-6-2 or 2-8-0 I'll be able to confirm whether or not it would fit on my Peco turntable.

Tony

This is one ON30 Bachmann loco I don't have but if anyone does have one and can compare it to the 2-6-6-2 or 2-8-0 I'll be able to confirm whether or not it would fit on my Peco turntable.

Tony

Thanks for that Tony. I do have both the 2-8-0 and 4-6-0 models (and splendid they are too) and I can tell you that the 4-6-0 is longer than the Consolidation. I do know (from a photo posted on another forum) that the 2-8-0 fits easily with some space to spare. I also suspect that the 4-6-0 will probably just about fit, by measuring the wheelbase and comparing it with the deck length of the TT. It would be nice, however, to have this confirmed before I spend money!

Chaz

I've measured the deck of my unmade Peco 0n30 TT and the rail length is 303mm.

Hope this helps

Tim

Thanks for that Tim. Very helpful. I have just cut a strip of card to 303mm and placed the 4-6-0 on it. it will fit - JUST. The back of the tender and the loco pilot both overhang but the wheels are all on the the card. However the loco will need to be stopped in exactly the right place - there is little margin for error. I will put in an order for the TT today.

Incidentally I quite like the fact that the loco will just fit - it looks like the railroad got Baldwin to supply a loco that would fit an existing (48 foot) table and they just managed it.

Chaz

Archived