Scotish layout inspiration - Strathdon trackplan

barney121e

Hi Guys

Have done a trackplan on Anyrail based on the picture sent to me by Perth Mrc. Have adjusted to fit into 6'x4' plan.

Can anyone see any obvious problems?

Cheers

Dave

I'm guessing that the odd geometry is more to do with the software. I would advise minor changes as sketched below and use the Peco point templates when finalising the plan and the mk1 eyeball when laying the track to ensure smooth running especially around the curves.

post-3695-0-13473200-1299522444_thumb.jpg

Some form of off-scene storage will greatly add to the operation.

Bruce

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies re trackplan. Unfortunately i am not the best at anyrail so the curves on the left are not the best looking. I thin Bruce has the right idea to some extent, will have a go and trying to adjust plan but still open to ideas. The empty space at the back is for a fiddle yard, i know it wont be large but limited on space.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

I would be tempted to put the whole station area on a curve which would help to smooth out the corners that you have.

Hi Kris

I did have that thought as got the Hornby yearbook where someone has done a similar layout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi guys

Have stumbled across a trackplan for a what if layout for Strathdon in Aberdeenshire. It was a 'O' gauge plan but thought it might look goon in n gauge. Track plan below, anyone see any problems with it.

Cheers

Dave

post-3108-0-97438600-1300833767_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

You might want to put a little more space between the sidings to allow for the loading / unloading of wagons but other than that I see no issues.

• RMweb Gold

You might want to put a little more space between the sidings to allow for the loading / unloading of wagons but other than that I see no issues.

Yes, not great with anyrail software but the jist of the plan is there.

Archived