Elite Secrets

Hi All

I have an Hornby Elite ( no laughing at the back )

Ive looked on the Hornby site,, and put it ina google search

and came up zero

on the back there are 4 conectors to insert wires

Track

Program

Assesory

Boost

my question is what is the Boost outlet for ?

Mike

• RMweb Premium

I would imagine, but don't know for a fact, that it would be for a power booster to increase the layout amperage and hence the number of loco and/or accessories you can use.

If you haven't a manual see this link to a pdf file http://static.Hornby.com/files/dcc-elite-manual-312.pdf

Rob

The Boost connection is to supply DCC signals from the Elite to a separate power district.

The boost module has its own supply and takes information from the Elite to allow the Elite to control locos and/or accessories in that district as well as the district it is powering.

Under no circumstances should you connect the boost to the same track district as the Elite is connected to or it will kill it.

Look at the manual for the booster on the Hornby site.

Robbie

so if i connect the main output (Track) to the track

could i then run a 2nd bus from the ( Boost) connection to control the point decoders and turntable

that way there would be no signal loss to the locos while operating assosorys

on the other hand

my layout is 2 boards

could i then make 2 districts ( one for each board ) so not having to worry about electrical connections between the 2

and run 1 from the track out put and 1 from the boost output

and if so what about when a loco goes from 1 district to the next ?

rgds

Mike

You MUST NOT connect the "boost" output of the Elite directly to the track or point decoders or turntable. The boost output can ONLY be connected directly to a booster, Hornby part number R8239 see this link

You then take power from the booster to a separate track section or turntable or point decoders.

The booster takes care of locos passing from one district to another.

Archived