Digitrax DS64 or CML DAC20

EddScott

Not sure if this is relevant but has anyone seen these products http://loolee.org/megapoints/prod_mp.html

May be worth considering for anyone wishing to set routes etc

There are some really good videos to show the products and having spoken with the owner this week I like his attitude towards the hobby. He's a railway modeller who wanted to make life easier and has now started to produce these items for general sale. He also told me that if anyone wishes to send a plan/diagram he will happily advise on the best products.

Usual disclaimer etc.

Downside is its 12 servos that it works rather than 12 solenoids or tortoises etc

Downside is its 12 servos that it works rather than 12 solenoids or tortoises etc

Agreed. However if I was starting again, I'd consider going down the servo route. The downside of course is more faffing about building all the links and stuff. Installing a Tortoise is basically plug and play.

The real downside with multi-output turnout control boards is that it concentrates the control in one location, requiring long cables to the point motors. This can be problematic with noise pickup for servos or voltage drop for solenoid motors.

Andrew

• 1 year later...

http://www.rr-cirkits.com

I've got a TC 64 used to drive LED's (which might be a huge waste, but I had a bunch of outputs I wanted in the same place...).  It should work if one has a high enough density of torti in one area,   Again, just another option that I have used successfully.  

(NB- needs more bits to really work, from what is written- not $120 for 64 outputs, but it isn't that bad !)

James

Archived