Micro Heaven from Noch

Jack

I noticed this on p25 of the current issue (154) of Model Rail.

I think it could prove very useful for those OO micro layouts ... and before anyone screams that it isn't UK prototypical, I can think of two places where something similar was used ... Sheerness and Bembridge ... ok, not quite in this form, but close enough ...

Hello Jack,

Very nifty indeed! I'll wait until the price comes down due to them not having shifted many at €179.99! Eeek!

I suppose it's not too bad, really as it is motorised and decoder fitted - it just seems a lot for something that would not be used all that often?

Cheers,

John E.

I noticed this on p25 of the current issue (154) of Model Rail.

I think it could prove very useful for those OO micro layouts ... and before anyone screams that it isn't UK prototypical, I can think of two places where something similar was used ... Sheerness and Bembridge ... ok, not quite in this form, but close enough ...

Another was Birmingham Snow Hill on one pair of bays, with the sector running under the platforms. They need to do an N scale version before the OO9 folks can model the proposed new Corris Railway station which plans to have one.

Blimey!

Thats a jump from the euro equivalent!

As of today €179.99 = £152.84!

So, while I do appreciate that Gaugemaster could charge £155 or even £160 to allow for currency fluctuations (bearing in mind that UK distribution price will be a LOT less than than retail or even trade price!), the £199 price is sheer profit taking and yet another example of 'rip off' Britain!

IMHO, IF I wanted something like this, I would be happy to purchase direct from Germany! P&P of about £17 is still better than Gaugemasters price and there is no import duty!

Hmph!

Rant over! (sorry!).

John E.

PS I am suitably 'peeved' at this so am copying Gaugemaster themselves about it, will advise later!

Archived