Hornby products on show at the Model and Hobby Show

Andy Y

Any photos of either or both versions of the 4VEP at the show?

There's a (smallish, compared with the 2 page spread given over to one of 'Tornado') pic. at the bottom of P.11, in April's Hornby mag.

Taken at the Model Rail, Scotland show, (Feb. 25-27), it shows two cars of a unit in later NSE livery, running?, on a layout, with interior lighting showing

One of the DTCs looks (to me) to be riding a little high off it's bogies tho'.

The B17 is a godsend to a former GER mainline modeler - but it would look better in BR green (I may buy one just to stick on my desk)..... I'm pretty impressed with the horsebox, very nice details for a rtr.

Best, Pete.

Not sure about Tornado. They both are missing the naming plaques and the Apple Green Tornado has the lipped chimney but the Brunswick has the stovepipe. Still there's time though before they come out so they might be better when released.

• RMweb Premium
There's a (smallish, compared with the 2 page spread given over to one of 'Tornado') pic. at the bottom of P.11, in April's Hornby mag.

Taken at the Model Rail, Scotland show, (Feb. 25-27), it shows two cars of a unit in later NSE livery, running?, on a layout, with interior lighting showing

One of the DTCs looks (to me) to be riding a little high off it's bogies tho'.

I only briefly read this in a newsagent, it's numbered 3588.

If that's the number they've settled on it was one of the last to be refurbished in 1993 or 94.

I haven't seen any pre-production photos, apart from Hornby's CGI, of their other version in rail blue in any media source.

• RMweb Gold

It does look like Mr Hornby's wagon is up to Mr Bachmann's standard, that Tipper is such an improvement on the older models of yesteryear that Hornby still produce!

If it is as good as it looks I'm sure one (probably more ;) ) will enter service on a certain west country branch line filled with stone!

Regards,

Nick.

I would hope it is Nick, for saying it's twice the pricewink.gif

It should be gold plated for a hattons price of £14! With a beautiful new Bachmann LNER range at under £8 each I can't imagine people making up rakes of Hornby's new bog standard wagon item..

The Horsebox is great and I hope the chassis comes off easy enough to replace. I wonder who will eventually do the BR standard item?

Is one of those Tornados an expensive one or as they both cheap models? Certainly looks a bit cheap and the windows missing doesn't help.

Archived