JLTRT 10001 early directional lights

Hi Chaps

A friend is building a JLTRT 10001 early diesel and wishes to fit LED's for directional lights.

Based on a photograph he has modified the cab ends to give 5 lighting positions at each end. Four along the buffer beam (one above each buffer and two close together in the centre)and the fifth one at the top of the corridor connector.

Can anyone please advise what colour each lamp position would be ?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan.

Nice easy one this one, the main function of those lights is to identify what class of train the loco is hauling - the light positions and their meaning can be found here.

The lights above the buffers are white, as is the one above the corridor connection plate and the one directly below that. The one on the right hand plate as you look at the nose of the loco is the red one.

You don't want all the white lights lit unless your friend is modelling the royal train.

Hi Chaps

A friend is building a JLTRT 10001 early diesel and wishes to fit LED's for directional lights.

Based on a photograph he has modified the cab ends to give 5 lighting positions at each end. Four along the buffer beam (one above each buffer and two close together in the centre)and the fifth one at the top of the corridor connector.

Can anyone please advise what colour each lamp position would be ?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alan.

Hello Alan,

the twins are a bit of a mine field in details. But hear goes, starting at the top light, yellowy white, just above the buffer beam directly below the top light yellowy white, next to this light (R/H side as looking from the front) dim red, the two above the buffers yellowy white. If it's after it had been on the S.R. there were two more lamps above the two above the buffers, these would also be yellowy white. All the lights would also be quit dim compared to the modern ones we see now.

The Locomotive profile series by Wild Swan No. 9 would help your mate a lot on the details of these locos.

OzzyO.

PS. I have just seen Boris's post on this he beat me to it.

Boris / Ozzyo

Thanks for the information .Very much appreciated.

Alan

As a PS to my last post the red tail light would not be lit when the loco is coupled to a train, about the only times that it would be lit would be for light loco movements and propelling E.C.S. out of Euston.

OzzyO.

Archived