Jessop Yard

Georgie!!

Yeah, ylove the shed George! Really coming on! :)

Just if you did want to renumber the DRS shed into the DBS one, apart from some livery differences, there are also a heap of dfferences between DBS sheds and 66411. One being the headlights for example. If you wanted to go down that route, it may just be easier for you to sell it and pick up an EWS livered one and do a full respray!

Love the layout mate!

Danny

Hiya Chaps,

Hey Chris, Cheers bud, but yeah I think I shall keep 66411 in DRS for now Danny has just pointed out to me a massive issue laugh.gif the lights!! So a visitor it shall be so DRS shall pay a visit, also if the loco is from around 1992 to now it can appear on the layout for more variety, but it shall all be done on time periods then that way we dont have a load locos from 1992 and then a EWS 66 roles in, it would look a bit odd and not right!!

Hey Danny, Cheers for the comment bud, I completely forgot about the lights, thanks for pointing that out to me matey laugh.gif Im glad your enjoying the layout too!!

Cheers Chaps,

George

Hi all,

Just a quick post really, I was really slow and good have taken a few snaps but now its too late as its dropping dark, so photos on Saturday wink.gif

I have fitted one inspection pit for the shed, im only having one so that it gives more of a reason to shuffle locos from shed to shed!! I have also come up with a plan for the shed as to what happens to locos when they enter. Bay 1 will be A exam, where the locos get things like: Headlights checked, sand boxes filled and other under body check ups. Im not too sure on B and C exams, is there such an exam called C? I shall however have go at what I think is a B exam. Bay 2 and 3 are for B exams. The locos will enter these roads for, Sometimes another A exam, but usually for big engine checks and repairs that mean the loco will be removed from its bogies?? (ovbiousley we shall just have to pretend that when a loco goes in it may be removed from its bogies biggrin.gif ) Bay 3 will be for under loco checks with inspection pit meaning that workmen can get to the problems a bit easier rather than lifting the loco. They would normally carry out break checks and repairs and suspension issues and anything else under the bogies?? Any help on the exams is much appreciated!!

I am aslo laying the track on the new board for the shed so that then I can get started on the flooring for the shed!! Also does anybody know when Bachmann will be bringing them lifts out?? Im thinking of having a class 37 off its bogies in the other shed where the door is closed!!

This weekend hopefully I shall give me parents a little shopping list of items to pick up for me! These are Solder and a magazine!!

Scenic will slowly start, but currently funds are low, so not a lot shall be done sad.gif

Sorry for the boring update, but help much appreciated!!

Cheers all,

Georgie

Hia Georgie,

Ebay has loads of sheds for sale bud and if you want any sound 66's my friend has some brand new 1's if your interested?

Your depot's looking good by the way its coming along now kida may see you at an exhibition 1 day with your layout ;)

Cheers, Jon.

Hiya all,

Firstly, I apologise for not posting images again, I said I would have images ready for today, but I totally forgot sad.gif I know not good enough!!

Secondly, I managed to go to town today and picked a railway mag aswell as some solder!! So for the past 4 and a half hours I have been wiring Jessop Yard, and guess what?? Still no trains can run as wiring is still to be finished but me back is starting to kill me so I think a drink of coca cola will do me wink.gif I probably wont be posting images tomorrow either as I have made a little list of major jobs I want to crack on with like lights, track, and a whole pile of other stuff, if I get a moment tomoz I shall tell you all whats been done and if, IF, I have taken photos I shall post them biggrin.gif

I know rubbish update hopefully soon though, I know how everyone likes photos!!

I also have been reading about Crimson Road, and if the owner reads this, Its one amazing layout!! How an earth do you house over 20 EWS 66 blink.gif But this layout has given me a MASSIVE kick up the back end and is now the truely, one and only layout for insperation, but its just such an amazing layout!! Soooo wish I could go and watch this layout!!

Cheers all,

Georgie

Alright on pics mate we can wait lol you should get your self some trestles and a chair would save your back trust me I no how much it hurts on your back all the time.I agree Crimson Road is one amazing depot keep up the good work

Many thanks Richard :D

Hi all,

Well, I said I would upload some photos today, but... I got too carried away with wiring, for the first time ever, and so no phots!!

But, and this is a big BUT, I did try my camera out and did this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCAQ7LwAj_4

Enjoy!!

P.S the other two vids are of the very first TMD I made, you dont have to watch them, there too old!!

Cheers

Georgie

Hiya all,

Now that I have got me electronics head on I decided to have a look in my electronics box and pulled out loads of bits and pieces, so I rigged them all up biggrin.gif The Yard Tower lights work and the wall mounted light worked too, but the buffer stop light, I pulled the wrong wire, so a bit of solder is needed there and the lights inside the shed decided not to work either, so an investigation is needed!! The wall light on the warehouse works too, but forgot to take a piccie of it sad.gif

I have also just made an order to Express Models for a load more lights biggrin.gif I have ordered another buffer stop light, 2 wall mounted lights and I think 2 yard lamp posts huh.gif Once I get money straight again I shall purchase more!! Including another fueling point, as at the moment mine looks abit silly when four locos park up around it!! Soon have that sorted though!!

So photos, This time night shots!! I dont need the sun anymore laugh.gif

post-6787-1265561184198_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12655612154979_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12655612941451_thumb.jpg

I know, the pics are very dark still, more light!! laugh.gif

All comments welcome!!

Cheers all,

Georgie

Hi all,

I have had a big decision to make and a good friend of mine has said basically Get on with it!! So, Jessop Yard is staying a little bit longer!! wink.gif

For those who know what happened over past couple of days, I understand if you dont want to leave a comment, but if you do please dont be a nasty one as I am Truely and Honestly Sorry for what happened!!

So, Jessop Yard back, I would have photos but... I shall suprise you all.... So another BORING life story of whats happened on Jessop Yard!! I know YAWN!!

Well, I got an email the other day saying that my order of lights are out of stock, so I waiting around for them!! Nothing has been done on the layout, other than the pit is in but no track as I need some fish plate connector thingys and then the extension can go back to normalish!! Backscene, usual story on them! Scenic box empty sad.gif Ideas or insperation... none!! So nothing has really been done since weekend!! I shall try and update... No cant driving lesson... But theres... No Club night.. Possibly thursday afternoon or if not, a fresh start at weekend biggrin.gif

I also want to post this image for me good friend (sorry bud for bad quality)

post-6787-12658292634031_thumb.jpg

post-6787-12658293004459_thumb.jpg

I shall try and get lights all rigged up and some night shots taken!!

Cheers all,

Georgie

Nice work georgie, its looking good, and sometimes its nice to have a few days break from modelling, i always find it gets those juices flowing and a fresh outlook on things and then you go again.

well done so far, looking great

regards

neil

Hey George I dont no what happened? PM me if you want to keep it quite ;) I'll follow still you've done nothing to me so no reason to not stop following a great depot :lol: pics look great please don't get rid of Jessop Yard tis a really good layout keep up the good work and pics mate :D

Hi guys,

Neil- Ya a good little break does help, Im slowly getting inspiration back, your doing a great job on your layout too bud!! Im looking into your point system too, it seems better idea than string laugh.gif

Rich- Its all sorted now bud, and im glad your enjoying the layout, and yup, Jessop Yard is staying until family time... which will be a couple of years time!! I hope laugh.gif

Thanks for the comments guys!!

Regards

Georgie

Hi guys,

Neil- Ya a good little break does help, Im slowly getting inspiration back, your doing a great job on your layout too bud!! Im looking into your point system too, it seems better idea than string laugh.gif? ? 

hi georgie, it certainly is better than string, and its just as cheap, just use some odd lengths of track and thats it no expense at all

regards

neil

Archived