Do Dapol platform figures suffer from GIGANTISM?

People come in all shapes and sizes, so I see no harm in mixing and matching close scales. There's an episode of Mock the week where they had on two comics. One, a woman, was really small and petite, and the other was a huge bloke. I cannot remember their names, but when they stood together the difference in sizes was very apparent. However, as they are real people, perhaps we as modellers should except that just because something looks odd doesn't mean that it is.

I am 6'1" and am taller than everyone else in my family. My Grandmother was 4'10" and we looked like we were out of scale with each other if we stood side by side in photos. I guess in model form I would have looked as if I was in 1:72 and she would have looked to be in HO.

Da Vinci's diagram is thought by some to be a self portrait.

You should see me with the wife - classic Welsh couple; I'm a bit of a monster, she's tiny. Our daughter, though, is on track to be a veritable warrior princess.

Extremes aren't rare, true, especially on the Celtic Fringe; our Indo European ancestors were bigger than our smaller, darker forebears, with whom they mixed. But again, the median values for size are under represented.

Archived