EMU 60's Headcode Font

Savoyard

• RMweb Gold

I want to make some suitable headcodes for a Class 504 I am currently working on and I am looking for a font that is suitable as used on the Bachmann green 4 CEP. Does anyone know the name of the font or of one similar.

post-6784-0-75351500-1300364512_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Peter

I toyed with this problem for a while and came up with the following solution for my EMU's. Find a prototype picture from the web (that the owner is happy to share) and Photoshop the headcode out of the picture, clean it up to get the black/white ratio correct and then adjust it to the to the correct size by trail and error. Print the headcode(s) out a label printer is ideal for this as you can print many headcodes on a single label and they are self adhesive.

Xerces Fobe

• 2 weeks later...

re type faces for rail use generally. There is another hobby, letterpress printing at home, where the

nerd uses old fashioned metal type to print what he likes. These folk have many things of interest to a railway modeller, typemetal in strip and small blocks for example. Also hardwood and hard brass strip.

I should know, as having a foot in both camps.

But he will also have type specimen books, to help you find exactly what you want in the lettering line.

Finally to add that a font is what you baptize babies in, a fount is a collection of letters - the fount

of all knowledge of course. Your printer friend might even be persuaded to print what you need, if asked nicely, assuming he has that particular typeface in his stock.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay (I forgot where I posted it).

UK Train Sim is where you can get it.

A link for Loco headcodes:

Loco

A link for EMU ones:

EMU

The download takes a while to queue but it eventually starts and will download fairly quickly, depending on your connection speed.

• 4 months later...

Archived