Milliedale station building

Just thought I'd get some people's feedback on my first attempt at 'binning the instructions' while building in N gauge.

I got part way through building the station kit for Milliedale and thought "I fancy a clock tower" and gave it a go. I've got a bit of guttering to fit yet, and perhaps a bit of weathering or some scenic work when it's on the layout, but for now it's complete I think.

post-10525-0-76888900-1300475894_thumb.jpg

and as Metcalfe build it:

pn109_full.jpg

Kit is, as I mentioned before, Metcalfe station, clock tower is the extra bit of brick included, roof tiles on the tower are scalescenes (ridge tiles metcalfe to match)

Suggestions for improvement are welcome - thanks

• RMweb Premium

The idea of the clock tower is nice but there is something about the roof of the tower that looks odd. I think that this might be down to the overhang. I would be tempted to reduce this.

It probably doesn't help that I grabbed the camera fitted with a wide angle lens!

I've since put some dressed stone strips up the corners to get rid of the white card, I'll put another photo up when I've got a bit more light to take a decent picture.

the pitch of the tower roof is steeper than the other roofs, also the tiles are lighter, perhaps toning them down a bit would help matters.

Archived