RR&Co Update

There is an update for RR&CO and its associated programs out now for download.

http://www.freiwald.com/pages/download.htm

Don't forget that for those thinking of using RR&Co its free to download and try. There is no functionality restrictions but there is a time limiting function built in to unregistered versions. But well worth a play to see how good it is and is well supported on its own forum and extensively on here.

Regards

Andy Jack

TTG

• RMweb Gold

I've tried using the new update but soon found a problem with it. The advanced fine tuning function doesn't work any more. Jurgen Freiwald has confirmed this but I don't know when it's going to be fixed. I've reverted to 7.0 E2 as I need to be able to calibrate my locos, even if it's only a question of determining the maximum speed so that I can set CV5 to an appropriate value. See this thread I started on their forum.

RR&Co Advanced Fine Tuning

Yes a bit if a nuisance. I use the fine tune by using the control key as well and found it does make a difference in setting the threshold speed. But Jurgen at times does not always appreciate the problems us users face as to him, there is no need for it or anything wrong.

This time though I think he may give in and put the feature back as it seems to created a bug a s well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've tried using the new update but soon found a problem with it. The advanced fine tuning function doesn't work any more. Jurgen Freiwald has confirmed this but I don't know when it's going to be fixed. I've reverted to 7.0 E2 as I need to be able to calibrate my locos, even if it's only a question of determining the maximum speed so that I can set CV5 to an appropriate value. See this thread I started on their forum.

RR&Co Advanced Fine Tuning

This problem has been swiftly fixed by the release of 7.0 F2 which I've installed and can confirm fixes the problem.

There has been some interesting exchanges as well on the RR&Co forum about manually tweaking the profile and the fact its been stopped by Jurgen. Its a shame really as its a way to profile locos if you don't have three uninterrupted detector sections in a row with run out etc for automatic profiling. Any one using an end to end layout that is only a few metres long would have issues profiling their locos due to the requirements of the automatic profiling and would find the manual method useful.

When I started out with RR&Co with my test layout I manually profiled my locos by moving the dots around in the profile and got every one to work well to millimeter accuracy. Shame its gone as I was going to do similar with my O gauge layout. Will have to look for a test bench set up now to do it.

There has been some interesting exchanges as well on the RR&Co forum about manually tweaking the profile and the fact its been stopped by Jurgen. Its a shame really as its a way to profile locos if you don't have three uninterrupted detector sections in a row with run out etc for automatic profiling. Any one using an end to end layout that is only a few metres long would have issues profiling their locos due to the requirements of the automatic profiling and would find the manual method useful.

When I started out with RR&Co with my test layout I manually profiled my locos by moving the dots around in the profile and got every one to work well to millimeter accuracy. Shame its gone as I was going to do similar with my O gauge layout. Will have to look for a test bench set up now to do it.

Due to my layout being a relatively short end to end without 3 consequetive blocks to use for auto profiling i had a seperate profiling track just for the purpose. On my new layout i will elevate the test track and disguise it. I will then parallel off three existing S88 outputs to save on buying another occupancy module since you can't operate and profile at the same time. It mght be a fix for some peeps in the same position.

Regards

Pete

Archived