Excellent custom transfers from Railtec Models

Karhedron

This is just a quick thanks to Steve at Railtec Models for his excellent custom transfer service.

I have built an N gauge ex-GWR K40 full-brake using the TPM conversion kit on a Dapol B-set but I was lacking suitable branding. These vehicles carried Parcel Train branding but also route and sometimes traffic information (e.g. Milk Train) as well as the usual running numbers. Steve was very helpful, I supplied him with information on 4 particular vehicles giving a correct combination of running number and route branding and he managed to get all 4 vehicles onto a single transfer sheet for under £4! :)

These transfers are suitable for these vehicles in Crimson or Maroon livery. They are also close enough for their GWR days too, just snip the "W" preffix and suffix from the running numbers. For the benefit of other modellers, Steve has now put these transfers on sale and the sheet number is 3712 if anyone else wishes to buy some.

The transfer sheets are complete with all the branding needed and contains 4 different pairs of running numbers, 4 different pairs of route branding to match the running numbers, 8 sets of "Guard" branding for the doors and 4 pairs of Parcel Train branding. This is great as it means for unlined liveries you get enough transfers for 4 complete vehicles on the one sheet without needing anything else.

The quality of the transfers is pretty good. The decal film is quite fine, probably finer than ModelMaster although not quite as thin as Fox. The lettering is all clear and legible apart from the very small "Guard" branding (which is a little indistinct). To be fair the letter was only 2" high on the prototype to begin with. It looks fine at normal viewing distances.

I am very pleased with the transfers. Steve was helpful and communication was excellent. I will certainly be calling him again next time I need custom transfers. No connection, just a happy customer.

Here is my first K40 in lined Maroon (lining separately courtesy of Model Master).

post-887-0-51333000-1301062645_thumb.jpg

post-887-0-27564800-1301062664_thumb.jpg

Archived