Whinburgh and Slitrigg - Main line across the border

coronach

• RMweb Premium

Spent 15 minutes playing trains today - found a few dry joints on the Up Main but I’m not up to repairing things at the moment- a bit under the weather waiting for results of a colon biopsy. Tested the A2/3 now fitted with Fox nameplates and it still works :)

Edited by coronach
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium

I now find myself in the Bath RUH facing a major abdominal operation in the next few days or weeks- with COVID in the mix too!   The dust will have to gather on the railway for the next few months I think. 

i will race my return to fitness against delivery to our home of the Hornby 2MT 78047 !

Edited by coronach
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, coronach said:

I now find myself in the Bath RUH facing a major abdominal operation in the next few days or weeks- with COVID in the mix too!   The dust will have to gather on the railway for the next few months I think. 

i will race my return to fitness against delivery to our home of the Hornby 2MT 78047 !

Very sorry to hear that Coronach; best wishes and I hope you have a swift and full recovery.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, 31A said:

Very sorry to hear that Coronach; best wishes and I hope you have a swift and full recovery.

Thank you. The original plan was to come to Bath but to see LarkRail not A&E !

• Friendly/supportive 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I’ve been back at home for a couple of weeks and need to recover from COVID before I can proceed with the scans, tests and operation. Not working has given me the mental space to enjoy planning work on my loft layout - although it will a while before I can get up there. In the meantime, I have purchased a G5 from TMC.  67261 is auto-fitted and was one of the last two in service in the North East. These locos worked the Rothbury branch and could well have reached Riccarton Junction from Reedsmouth. I look forward to running it in. IMG_0176.jpeg.409c76e60f024c585d2ea0d1d4fa893a.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I’ve also ordered a TMC limited edition Heljan model of Sulzer type 4 D11, one of only four examples that were built with front end connecting doors and split head code boxes. It will be allocated to the down Waverley. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Browsing through my photos, looking for something to post, I was reminded of the ‘2D’ activities I enjoy relating to model trains. I inherited a collection of clockwork, tinplate trains from my father and dozens of clockwork mechanisms. I was put in contact with a gentleman with a garden railway who was happy to ‘look after’ the mechanisms but I am keeping the trains, which have huge sentimental value. They also provide an excellent subject for pencil drawing. 

IMG_9678.jpeg.18fbf9a8544551190230c2cc8215057b.jpeg

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
On 03/08/2023 at 11:37, coronach said:

I’ve also ordered a TMC limited edition Heljan model of Sulzer type 4 D11, one of only four examples that were built with front end connecting doors and split head code boxes. It will be allocated to the down Waverley. 

I always assumed that all split boxes had doors, I was quite surprised to find most of them didn’t. Of course they were all sealed beam by my period. 

• Agree 1