If you went to the Basingstoke show this month..... please help sort the figures!

Western Star

After the show our Club Chairman suggested that I might take on the task of analysing the information obtained by way of the Prize Draw forms... people who entered the draw were asked to indicate which magasine/ media source influenced their decision to visit the show. Given the number of views of the thread which I ran for the show, something like 1500 views before the event and now standing at around 3200 views, I was surprised to find how few people ticked the box for RM Web. We had more than 2,000 visitors to the show, handed out around 1,500 prize draw entry forms and received over 400 entries for the draw. The number of forms which mentioned RM Web was low, possibly too low to mention.

If you attended the show, please reply to this post and include the first part of your postcode. Sorry, the prize in the draw, a new Hornby Loco, was won by a visitor from Helston....

Other long distance visitors? Bromborough, Newark, Cromer, Burnham-on-Sea, Paignton, Herne Bay....

thank you, Graham Beare

Thank you all, I had seen several from the Tonbridge area...more than two.

Mr. Stationmaster, I had noted from the exhibition thread that you had been twice... and that you appreciated that on Sunday we made sure each visitor was told that the floor plan was on the other side of the prize draw form.

Guys, we are very aware that the future of the hobby and our Show lies in the hands of happy visitors, our Committee is determined to improve on our offering and presentation... so for example, next year we shall reverse the route of the Heritage Bus to enable the station pick-up to be closer to the forecourt and we shall provide the station staff with Bus timings (as well as ensuring that the information is on our Website and RM Web).

thank you, Graham

If you attended the show, please reply to this post and include the first part of your postcode. Sorry, the prize in the draw, a new Hornby Loco, was won by a visitor from Helston....

As explained on the other thread ... Prize Draw form ... what form (only found on returning home - on account of the somewhat basic show guide it was hidden inside)

Still a good show - the selection of layouts made all the difference and will likely mean a return next year (given advance warning on RMWeb).

Can I claim to be furthest away? from California ... (parish) RG40 (Saturday visitor - opening time)

As explained on the other thread ... Prize Draw form ... what form (only found on returning home - on account of the somewhat basic show guide it was hidden inside)

Still a good show - the selection of layouts made all the difference and will likely mean a return next year (given advance warning on RMWeb).

Can I claim to be furthest away? from California ... (parish) RG40 (Saturday visitor - opening time)

Hello Kenton,

Yes, I can see why you were not able to tick the RMweb box if the form was hidden in the folded guide... hence my reason for asking RMWebbers to let me know if they were a visitor to the show.

Next year? Humm, how about Dewsbury Midland? Several 7mm layouts and hopefully a return of the S Scale Society Stand and layouts.

Furthest traveller on the day? Not sure that California is a suburb of Wokingham, but thank you... I shall be on the lookout for anyone claiming to come from Dunkerque and put them down as from near to Petty France neat to odbury.

regards, Graham

Humm, how about Dewsbury Midland? Several 7mm layouts and hopefully a return of the S Scale Society Stand and layouts.

Seen it once this year and once last year - but happy to see it again.

Always interested in good OO9

Ditto good 7mm - but they are hard to find and find space for.

S scale - not really that interested - but will not just walk by.

Don't forget 2mm

Not sure that California is a suburb of Wokingham,

California Hall

• RMweb Premium

SO51 6xx for me - just across the road from Canada!

I was there very early on the Sunday morning, along with DIW jr in my rucksack and Mrs DIW.

Was rather concerned about the amount of feverish activity created by a certain writer's comments about his Saturday visit. I was too embarrassed at the time to admit I was from the same online forum.

Didn't enter the draw - prize not appropriate for us, so left it for hopefully someone who wants it to win it!

Dave

Never occured to me that people would not bother to enter the draw... for what ever reason.

Mr Sidecar Racer... might you be one of those gentlemen to whom I spoke as they were leaving Saturday? The ones who had comespecifically to see the Engine Shed?

Do not be shy, nothing wrong with being an admirer of 7mm.

regards, Graham Beare

• RMweb Premium

Never occured to me that people would not bother to enter the draw... for what ever reason.

Mr Sidecar Racer... might you be one of those gentlemen to whom I spoke as they were leaving Saturday? The ones who had comespecifically to see the Engine Shed?

Do not be shy, nothing wrong with being an admirer of 7mm.

regards, Graham Beare

Yes Graham , that was myself and my friend , I was the short ar*e one of the two , I'm not shy about admiring

7mm or any other scale if it's a well presented and operated layout , and I think we mentioned that 82G was just

the main attraction for us that day , we still enjoyed all the other exhibits . :D

And we will be there next year if we can still afford petrol . :O

Regards .

Archived