If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello All

60A

Hey Folks,

Made my account a few days ago, finally have a bit of time to use it tonite! Dont really have much of an introduction for you all. I was once an budding young modeller with a keen intrest in the BR Blue. I grew up in Derbyshire and my Father and Uncle are steam buffs so spent many happy hours of my youth at Peak Rail and of course Barrow Hill. I used to be a member on here, well the old forum, must say this new one has more bells and whistles so make take me a while :D . I let my intrest slip over the last year or two and Im currently well into my training and courses for Professional Cookery (Never had myself down as a Chef!) After giving up Railway Modelling I bought a few vintage tractors and restored them, a marked contrast to being clean and pristeen throughout the day in the kitchen!

Im getting back into the hobby I once loved, would be nice when I get time to sit at my desk with a kit or make a bit of track. Im a OO man by breed but want to move away from off the shelf track and out of the box stock. I live up by Inverness and Im putting serious thought into modelling Dunkeld & Birnam station. I fancy using C&L points and suitable bull head and flat bottom rail. We'll see how we go on!

Anyway well done for reaching the bottom, forgot about my ability to drone on!

All the best, Jason. ;)

Another ScR modeller- come and join the throng- this place seems to have more than its fair share of Scottish layouts, although some more steam would go down nicely :rolleyes: . Look forward to seeing what you are planning doing, and don't be afraid to ask and seek advice- there is a wealth of experience here that is only too willing to assist. Enjoy!

Richard

Im sure our paths will likely cross again then Halfwit :) . Ben I too have noticed a large intrest in the Scottish Region, but with the far north line being well, just that - its the scenic modellers dream. Im just in the process of finally buying Templot after years of theatening to, Ill get to grips with that and hopefully have somthing to upload for you all to see :D

All the best, Jason.

Archived