OO Advertising Hoardings

Hello,

Does anybody know of a site where I can download advertising hoardings of the 20s to 40s?

I have come across this site Click here.

It is pretty good but as these enamel signs are the real McCoy they have a lot of blemishes on them which would need to be taken out with Photoshop or Paint. Then I think there may be a problem with copyright.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, >snipped<

It is pretty good but as these enamel signs are the real McCoy they have a lot of blemishes on them which would need to be taken out with Photoshop or Paint. Then I think there may be a problem with copyright.

I've downloaded quite a few images of enamel signs, as you say they have quite a few blemishes but can be cleaned up quite easily, albeit sometimes a bit time consuming, I' also would be interested in copyright issues relating to this, possibly resized down to suit N or 00 it might not be a cause for concern?

Examples of a before and after; the "before" has been cropped and resized to the size of the after, I actually resize smaller (for N gauge) than the attached pics, left them at 300 pixels wide so detail is easier to see. (this size might suit a large hoarding in 00 scaling to about 20' wide)

post-12633-0-25813100-1320329690.jpg post-12633-0-99017400-1320329708.jpg

I copy the edited ads to an A4 size page and print to A4 label stock, cut out and stick on walls, hoardings or where ever takes your fancy. They can also come in handy to cover joins in brick or other texture papers etc

post-12633-0-67137600-1320330075.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I can't see an issue with copyright, you are reproducing the advert in full to show it in a similar context to having photographed it.

I agree, provided you don't start selling them that it is highly unlikely to be an issue in practise.

Archived