Penny Woods

Hi All

Thought it was time to introduce myself. I'm Jack, and are a student, so most things end up budget tight :rolleyes:

Anyway, the current layout is 009, been built with a couple of friends, it is our first 009 layout, and first 'proper' exibition layout. It represents the fictional West Yorkshire Light Railway and has attended the Keighley Model Railway show. It is still very much under construction, and since the photos were taken a simple layer of scatter has appeared. The rocks also dont look as good in the pics for some reason :rolleyes:

Now for some pics :

DSCI0312.jpg

The above photo is a overview of the layout, showing the very steep hill, but this causes entertainment when trains go up them at exibitions.

DSCI0318.jpg

The above picture shows the bridge, scale 32ft from the level lowest level! It was orginally going to be a trestle beidge but thought that didn't suit the location! Behind can be seen the naturl pool that will have a small waterfall running in.

DSCI0315.jpg

And a view from the other side.

Will post more pictures later hopefully :D. So what you think so far?

Jack :D

• RMweb Gold

Dramatic scenery always wins friends - and yours is well on the way. There is nothing "me too!" about this, either, with lots of original ideas, including the man-made engineering, as distinct from nature's! Lots to like about this, thanks.

Thanks guys, were trying lots of new techniquies on this, even maybe static grass! The rocks are indeed woodland scenics ones (i think, I didn't buy them!), but there maybe some others there too! I'll try and get a few pics next week when I'm next down at my model club to work on it. Its ballasted too now, with water just been aded too :lol:

Jack

• RMweb Gold

The Woodland Scenic moulds produce good results when painted well, as you have achieved. The colours seem to be ok to me and not forgetting that when you add 'greenery' the effective of the rocks will change.

The track formation looks good as well and the curves look about right - i.e. not too sharp.

Keep up the good work.

Archived