T-gauge

• RMweb Gold

Thank you!

Yes it's a time consuming fiddley job, but the results are so much better than the silly coloured plastic boxes than you can buy.

I know the Scalescenes kits are not designed for T-gauge but you can work out what does and doesn't work.

Some of the base layers are left out as trying to wrap and glue an overlay over them is impossible when the strip is sometimes only 3mm wide, can't really bend that in half :rolleyes:

Yes all of the windows are glazed as per the kit instructions, I use an A4 white lable sheet and print out all of the window overlays onto that, trying to glue window overlays this small is just not going to work.

Just print out on the A4 label sheet and cut them out, peel back off stick to film, easy. You do have to be careful when cutting out the individual windows afterwards though as nothing really sticks very well to transparency film.

The next building is under construction and it's turning out rather nice, I'm hoping to get it finished by the weekend as this week is the last one where I actually get home everynight! I'm going to be working away for the next few weeks which is a bit crap no modelling!!!

Pictures of the next build will be here when finished.

Oh go on then, took these, PC Plod is an N-gauge figure from the Bachmann Scenecraft range.

Here is the start base layers and cover layers all cut out and ready to start glueing.

post-6745-0-27269000-1304890602_thumb.jpg

Large station building progressing nicely.

post-6745-0-44407900-1304890569_thumb.jpg

The sill on the wall inside the station building has worked, thought it maybe too small bright orange coloured thing just below plods hand.

post-6745-0-09166100-1304890664_thumb.jpg

My eyes are now the size of dinner plates and going round a bit like this smilie :blink:

Cheers

Ian

Superb modelling. pleasantry.gif I love the cinema... I just built that in N. I like Adam's shot of the T vs N vs OO trains and the 5p in your shot. These really give the impression of the scale and make it easier to imagine how hard it is on the eyes! :blink:

Just out of interest, have you actually glazed those windows???

• RMweb Gold

Well the Large station is complete.

I think I may have used too thicker card for the canopy roof, may have been better to just double up on paper and no card.

Still I'm quite happy how it's turned out.

Not bad to keep all of the interior detail as well.

Looking into Station canopy

post-6745-0-38296600-1305483726_thumb.jpg

Front of Large station

post-6745-0-85160100-1305483735_thumb.jpg

Side shot showing parcel office

post-6745-0-16282100-1305483744_thumb.jpg

Looking down on the whole lot

post-6745-0-18638500-1305483755_thumb.jpg

This one just because with the scale you can!!:laugh:

post-6745-0-82978100-1305483763_thumb.jpg

Any questions just ask.

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Thanks John,

As you're the designer coming from you is praise indeed, I can only pass it back and say it's the design of the kits that make them work.

I know I've posted loads of pics on these but there is a reason to my madness!

1) Hope to use them on a layout at some point.

2) Hopefully inspire others to have a go at this scale, and show that a none 'toy' like layout could be made, limited rolling stock at present but I've seen some of the etched kits that some guys have had made, they do look excellent!

Also Adam(Electra Graphics) is doing some excellent vinyls which will cover the clear shelled rolling stock.

3) Find out which kits really can't be built in this scale, although that guy who did the statue of liberty in the eye of a needle has proved that anything is possible :rolleyes:

SERIOUSLY small modelling!

4) Try and get some stock together so that I at least have something to show on the open day, at this size it takes an awful lot to fill a very small space!

Just this one done, need to keep a few back for the RMweb open day, unless folks want me to keep posting pics of the models built so far?

post-6745-0-14908200-1305622967_thumb.jpg

post-6745-0-01686700-1305623612_thumb.jpg

post-6745-0-98087100-1305622996_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Ian

You do have to be careful when cutting out the individual windows afterwards though as nothing really sticks very well to transparency film.

I too have been playing with sticky labels for window frames and have had problems when the label 'unsticks' a day or so later....I've repeated the process but after wiping the film with some spray blue window cleaner sqirted on a piece of kitchen film, touch wood, a fortnight later it is till stuck fast.

Hope that helps,

Keep it up,

Doug

• RMweb Gold

Thank you for the kind words.

It would be nice to think that some are now going to give T a go.

The more people that have a dabble and start to play about with it can only mean more T-gauge items.

I know it will never be more than a novelty to some, but I'm sure that was said about Z-gauge when it first came out.

To be honest I've seen more T-gauge items in the last few years it's been out than any Z-gauge items.

Each to their own, I just hope I'm showing that it is possible to create something that doesn't look too toy town.

It's very addictive though, with it being so small it allows so many opportunites to model something big!

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

You can't get British outline.

Check out www.tgauge.co.uk

They have everything for T-gauge, the rolling stock is what it is.

Lots of kit bashing required, but Electra Graphics is making it some what easier with his vinyl overlays.

Join the T-group HERE we are starting to put more information in there for all things 'T'

Cheers

Ian

this might belong in another thread, but where can I get british outline T gauge?

• RMweb Gold

I should of been more specific.

At this time there is no British Outline rolling stock available.

Alan from Tgauge.co.uk is hoping to have the HST available sometime in July.

He has had a large number of pre-orders, but I think you may still be able to get the free station if you do order one now.

This will be the only RTR British Outline loco in T-gauge that will be available unless there are more in the pipeline, that we don't yet know about.

Still it's a start, and I'm sure there will be more to come.

I hate to think how much this would have cost to commission, he did order quite a number from what he was telling me at York.

So good on Alan Ramsey for taking a big risk to bring this type of RTR loco about.

Cheers

Ian

I'd imagine you're making a few people think of giving T gauge a go!

I'm slowly warming to the idea of T gauge but still not convinced just yet, not sure i've got the patience for all the fiddliness involved with something that small! If a 47 was available i'd certainly give it a rethink though :P

Stroudley Terrier in T gauge would be interesting.....

Archived