ZKA Limpets dutch and plain grey liveries time span

muddys-blues

Hi, now that fototopic has crashed and I am struggling to find any googling info on these wagons can somebody please help me with the time periods of when these wagons and the liveries listed where introduced, as those Bachmann ZKA limpet wagons modelled in the dutch and plain grey liveries.

Thanks in advance

Craig.

From memory the Limpets began to be converted from POAs in 1993. At this time they received only partial repaints into dutch livery (usually just the yellow band with the odd patch painting of grey) leaving the old livery poking out below (such as the bottom half of the 'Y' from the Yeoman livery, or the bottom of ARC). I don't think too many received full dutch livery.

Again from memory, all over grey came a year or so later for new conversions. I guess full dutch wasn't used as it was now obsolete following privatisation, unless the all over grey was down to them being Transrail (or TLF West as it started out being) sponsored conversions - someone else with a little more knowledge and slightly better memory may be able to advise on this :D.

I've always hoped Bachmann would attempt one of the hybrid liveries (such as Yeoman and dutch) as these were a little different yet the most numerous of the first batch.

What I recall is that the early Limpets got a full Dutch repaint.

Currock produced side only repaints.

York may have started full repaints later reduced to yellow band only.

The Doorands had full Y/G repaint.

I believe the all Grey is Transrail.

Mark Saunders

Archived