British rail for sale notices

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hugh. Apologies for reviving this old thread. The good news is that I have found a couple of photographs of 'for sale' and 'to let' notices by the British Rail Property Board. The bad news is that neither is suitable for reproduction, one is too small and the other was photographed from a sharp angle. Each one is in a different style as well. If you are still interested let me know and I will pass them on.

Hi

For my new layout i am after any photos of British rail signs used for selling of property that i can reduce to 4mm scale.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

Found this, I appreciate it is a To Let board, but an educated guess would say that a substitution for the words For Sale and Robert would be the brother of your mum or dad.

post-6974-0-84298100-1324334470.jpg

Kevin

• RMweb Premium

In fact both of those that I found are 'to let' rather than 'for sale'. In fact the BR property board probably let out far more property than they sold. I notice that the sign illustrated above has a different telephone number to one that I have seen and is again in a different style. It appears that such business was dealt with locally in most cases, Kevin's illustration above is York and the one that I have in front of me which going by the telephone number is contemporary is from Birmingham (Tel. # 021-644-4426) circa 1990. The Property Board issued their own quarterly magazine which was issued free, this is where I found another illustration that unfortunately is far to small to be of much use (Spring 1993 edition) but other editions may have what you need and suitable for copying. I have also noticed that the 'buildings' logo on the poster above also appears on the literature of the property board.

Archived