Class 105 Gangways

My simple solution was one from the mags (Model Railway Constructor?) many years ago, Seen it repeated in other plces including here, with mods, a number of times, but the old way is the simplest!

Black thin card (old photo albums were suggested, though arts supply shops are another source). Basically cut a strip as high as the connector, and fold in "pages" the width of the connector. Stick a rectangle of plasticard on each end to locate in the Baccy connector and its done. 3 or 4 folds will do. I remove the Baccy couplings and add brass wire hook and loop soldered to sleeper strip under the floor to give closer coupling too. As the 2 corridors are only now a few mm apart, there is little flexible card in between but what is there only really blocks the light so it is very effective. Simple, cheap, effective and quick to do.

Stewart

Thankyou for all the replies. Looks like I'm getting the black paper and scissors out this Bank Holiday!

Stewart - supplemental - do you find it preferable to attach the hook and loop to the bogies or bodies? I usually go for the bogies, but I can't decide which is best.

Alex

Archived