Sunshine SR Livery details

mikeg

Hi, having serched the web has anybody any detail of how wide the yellow lines were on BoB & WC class pacifics during the early life of these engines. From photos it looks to be about 2" wide, the spacing is easy to get from the cab side for the upper two lines and the lower looks to be about 6" above the black lower section on the body of the loco and tender, but can anybody confirm the actual details.

many thanks for any help

mike g

PS its for an O gauge model and will be hand painted unless there is some yellow lining tape on the market thats suitable once I know the size to look for.

Hi David, thanks for the info from the dim given it would seem that 1/16" wide tape would be ideal which is made for the model aircraft trade. Will try the shop at watford next time I'm over there.

regards

mike g

• RMweb Gold

The HMRS Livery Register is unhelpful in respect of the width of the stripes. It does, however, specify that the nameplates on WCs were eight and one eighth inches deep, so a decent photo might be measured to arrive at an approximation?

Thanks Ian, I have a good photo of the name plate with a small part of the yellow line so will put it in photoshop and count the pixels to give me the size. I think that if I can get 1/16" tape will use that, if not will put two lengths of masking tape along and paint along the gap, easy for the tender and the lowest two lines on the loco but have to go over the washout plugs for the upper line on the loco.

regards

mike g

Archived