Ceeton Fish Warehouse

Made more progress with Ceeton today with my first scratch built building. It's not complete but thought I'd put a post together for feedback. The structure is inspired by the Fish Merchants warehouse at Porthleven (Ceeton is a Cornish based layout ), but is certainly not a model of it. I've just used that biulding as a basis for ideas and rough measurements.

Main differences are more front side windows, I think my warehouse is wider than Porthleven, and only two stories not 3. All paper is scalescenes, used the whitewashed stone with the stone window tops ( which technically aren't intended for the paper but I think look ok).

post-11540-0-46883700-1303852146_thumb.jpg

post-11540-0-64747200-1303852163_thumb.jpg

post-11540-0-45771500-1303852181_thumb.jpg

post-11540-0-29078600-1303852197_thumb.jpg

This is it in place on the layout.

post-11540-0-68223900-1303852212_thumb.jpg

Jobs to do :-

• Sort window glazing.
  • Sort roof tiling
  • Build the steps to the side up to the side first floor entrance.
  • Build the doors.
  • Sort the surface of the floors.
  • Put in wooden ?matches? for the beam that supports the pulley to haul fish up to the top floor.

I'd LOVE feedback, thoughts and ideas.

• RMweb Premium

I would suggest that you put in some frame work to make sure that the walls don't bow, either in or out. This also includes framing for the roof.

Thanks Kris, good suggestion :)

Plan on using some foam board in places you can't really see to strengthen the walls and support the first floor. Hadn't thought about the roof though good idea, means I can have the roof the right shape and not fix it into place ( so I can put the windows in but still have it look rightish on the board ).

Basically finished now. Thanks for the feedback. I've beefed up the internal support, added the two floors and lined the inner walls ( lined in preference to paint ). Really pleased with the first floor which is simulated wood planks using a biro to make the planks and brown paint with various washes to create the final effect.

Still need to do the windows, doors and pulley support beam - but they will be a while.

Also done some track laying and the fish side of the dockfront. Still got the middle section and the coal import sidings to do.

post-11540-0-45223700-1303942523_thumb.jpg

Archived