The Depot

Mikkel

• RMweb Gold

ok2x.jpg

My basic idea is to model the inside of a large GWR goods depot during the Edwardian era. Or rather: just a section of it, showing a few busy loading platforms. It will be housed in an Ikea Snackbox. I envision an overall roof structure under which we'd be seeing vans and wagons entering and leaving the loading docks and transshipment docks.

I've posted further details and a few photos and links on my RMweb Blog here.

PS: I know the Blogs are not to everyone's taste, but I like to keep the chronicles of my Farthing layouts in one place, so kindly bear with me. I'll be using this thread as a "beacon" for the Blog, ie advising of updates to the Blog whenever relevant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

gallery_738_870_33282.jpg

Just a quick note to say there's a further update on this 2010 Challenge entry in the blog, showing initial sketches of how it might look:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/75/entry-1797-sketches-of-the-depot/

(BTW, I hope these updates on blog entries are not seen as double posting by anyone. The rules sensibly state that we must link to Challenge blogs from here, and so it seems logical to also post updates here for those who are less inclined to browse the blogs).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks thirty2a. It's amazing how even a micro layout such as this can drag on though. That October deadline for the 2010 Challenge is tricky, since with the summer months ahead it will be all too easy to get distracted smile.gif

• RMweb Gold

biggrin.gif I've got some rolling stock kits that do their best to lead me into temptation. So I've put them in a box in the basement and piled all sorts of things on top to make them really hard to get at.

Doesn't work, I can still hear them calling out in husky voices!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

It seems clear that "The depot" won't by any means be finished in time for the Challenge deadline, so I'll have to withdraw it.

Good luck to those who will be submitting their entries, can't wait to vote !

For anyone interested in following future progress on "The depot", updates can be seen here:

http://www.rmweb.co....rthing-layouts/

blogentry-738-093455200%201286133533_thumb.jpg

Archived