Falcon Brass LNWR machinery wagon

post-6220-0-71109500-1304014164_thumb.jpg

post-6220-0-12386300-1304014204_thumb.jpg

I found this tucked away, my first attempt at an all brass kit, very difficult to do with minimal instructions.

The mind shift needed to change from plastic kits were the material used is of a scale thickness and represents the original stuff well, to one where you are using a very thin metal to represent thick sections of wood was the most difficult part of the project.

I've tackled one Falcon Brass kit so far and decided that the kit itself was far better than their reputation would have you believe but the instructions were appalling. I'd be tempted to try another if I felt that experience was typical.

As a newcomer to etched kits, your "clean sheet" opinion of it would be very useful - particularly as you have obviously created a perfectly good model from it.

So; would you tackle another one?

I've got one of the FB kits for the LSWR outside framed goods engine, just the one A4 side of instructions.

I'm mentaly working up to it.

I've built a Hgh Level chassis kit, very good instructions and well designed kit, although there were a lot of parts, it went together well.

A Mainly trains 2-4-0t chassis easyish and enough instructions and a South Eastern Fincast 2-4-0t chassis not so straight forward.

Comet 0-6-0 chassis-very good.

But a loco body? the FB is basically a box full of unidentified parts and the rest is up to you the builder.

RH

Archived