Hornby Virgin Trains Pendolino -unchip?

DLPG

• RMweb Premium

My DCC Fitted version does not have a 8 pin socket / chip, but a 5 or 6 pin arrangement from memory. Therefore, is not as straight forward as removing the chip and plugging in a blanking plate unfortunately.

My DCC Fitted version does not have a 8 pin socket / chip, but a 5 or 6 pin arrangement from memory. Therefore, is not as straight forward as removing the chip and plugging in a blanking plate unfortunately.

It looks like a bit of a rewire! Just wondered if anyone had done it in the past.

They do run OK on DC with the chips in, however the lights don't come on as I remember....

They don't have to be desoldered - The wires from pick-ups and to the motor are connected to the main board by a simple connection, basically wires through holes held in place with plastic caps...

If you can trace the appropriate cables, you can simply join them, even using the same connectors !

I once bought one of these Pendo's from a major toy store - It was reduced due to being a non-runner. When I got it home I discovered someone had desoldered the chip from it, and obviously returned it for a refund as a 'non-runner '....rather a lot of bother for a Hornby chip !!!

Archived