Class 08 Bufferbeam Pipework

edin_bry2x

Hi All

I managed to get a Bachmann Brassworks 08 at a decent price recently but it is missing all of the bufferbeam pipework where is best recommended to buy replacements from?

Also is there a shop that sells boxes for 7mm stock that is similar in strength and sturdyness to the Bachmann boxes?

Cheers in Advance

Bry Shaw

Hi Nigel

Thanks alot for that link, the boxes are for wagons not the 08 but i did like the look of the large cases with 4 shelves in them for holding stock. I feel a purchase coming on.

Have you used them before Nigel or do you know anyone that has?

Cheers

Bry

Hi All

I managed to get a Bachmann Brassworks 08 at a decent price recently but it is missing all of the bufferbeam pipework where is best recommended to buy replacements from?

Also is there a shop that sells boxes for 7mm stock that is similar in strength and sturdyness to the Bachmann boxes?

Cheers in Advance

Bry Shaw

Try here ... http://www.djparkins.com/acatalog/Locomotives.html ... they do a detailing kit for the Bachman 08 and it contains every possible component (cast and etched) that you could need for that class.

I am about half way through mine and the quality of the components plus full instructions are as good as it gets, not a quick kit though (for me anyway) but the results are worth it.

regards

Stewart

Hi Stuart

Must say im quite looking forward to the package arriving, i have ordered a Detailing Kit and a complete Later Version Class 08 kit too. I must say im very impressed with the ability to see the etchings in very good detail on the website, it went a long way towards making the sale on the complete kit on top of the detailing kit.

Cheers Bry

Hi Stuart

Must say im quite looking forward to the package arriving, i have ordered a Detailing Kit and a complete Later Version Class 08 kit too. I must say im very impressed with the ability to see the etchings in very good detail on the website, it went a long way towards making the sale on the complete kit on top of the detailing kit.

Cheers Bry

You will not be dissapointed, start by looking at the detailing kit and make sure you are sitting down as you will draw breath when you open them !!

To be honest, I don't know how they do it for the money, but as I said, not a job to be rushed (hopefully you will make quicker progress than me though) as every detail (literally) is included.

Please keep us updated.

regards

Stewart

Archived