Harrington.

Jez

2 new locos arrived in the post today - resprayed and detailed by John Bezuyen of Southern Tier Modelworks. Following the RailAmerica theme, here are Rail-Link GP35s 2210 and 2211:

IMG_1016.jpg

The 2 new locos sit with my original RailAmerica 5005.

I asked John to fade the paintwork on these to represent locos that have been work-stained and sun-bleached. I think he has done an excellent job.

IMG_1019.jpg

Fuel tanks and trucks need to go through the weathering process when I get time.

IMG_1017.jpg

Comparison of fresh and faded paintwork.

There are a few subtle differences between 5005 and 2010/2211, including the RailAmerica lettering size and the winterization covers.

IMG_1020.jpg

Closer view of RLK 2210

IMG_1022.jpg

RLK 2211 waits for its first assignment.

It wasn't long before both locos were put into service:

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

2211's first job was to switch the Plastics factory.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

Whilst 2210 ran to the yard to collect a refer for the Team-Track.

Jez

You're getting closer to the True Faith with that CP Rail loco in the background.... just one step away from the Soo.... :D

Only kidding... very nice locos and the fade is subtle - but very noticeable in that comparison shot!! It does make that bright blue Reefer cry out for some fading, too!!! (says he, who really ought to be weathering some of his own stock.... <_< :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

'You're getting closer to the True Faith with that CP Rail loco in the background.... just one step away from the Soo.... :D'

Jordan - Nooooooooooo! I won't be turned over to the dark side..........I must resist!!!

Does look a little Canadianised (If that's a word!!) I'll be mixing the ex UP locos in with the RailAmerica liveries. Not sure if anyone has spotted it though - Ex UP locos with roof mounted Air Conditioners running with RailAmerica locos sporting winterization fan hatches!! I also agree, the stock and locos do need to be weathered, graffited and faded to some degree - problem is finding the time. I will get around to it eventually.

Here are a couple more piccies to whet your appetites ready for TVNAM next month:

IMG_1033.jpg

2211 Switching Tank Cars.

IMG_1068.jpg

2211 Switching a box car for the Team-Track.

IMG_1070.jpg

2211 (again!) collecting a box car from the Trans-load building.

Jez

Here are a couple more piccies to whet your appetites ready for TVNAM next month:

NOT FAIR !!! :rolleyes: <_<

I don't think I should bring a layout, after all :blush: ... there's far too much excellent stuff like this I want to see instead.... :blink:

I also agree, the stock and locos do need to be weathered, graffited and faded to some degree - problem is finding the time. I will get around to it eventually...

I find I need to be in the right mood to do weathering... "Last Minute Panic" usually... :scare:

Guest jonte

Hi Jez,

Just for your info......please take a look at my reply to your earlier posting in my 'American HO layout' topic elsewhere in this section.

Best wishes,

Jonte

• 1 year later...

Hi Chaps. Just to let you know that Richard (Jez) and I 'did the deal' on Sunday in the sunshine and Harrington is yet another US HO layout that has migrated north of the border. I am delighted with my purchase and some minor exhibition friendly tweaks are planned, curtains, legs, lighting rig etc etc. Have about 20x too much stock and still working out how the SD90MAC will justify rumbling in for fuelling but hey ho!! If anyone is keen to have us come to a show please PM me. I am 'free' as they say!!

Simon

• 10 months later...

HARRINGTON makes its long overdue Scottish debut at St Andrews on 10th 11th August. Now with legs, lights, signage, curtain etc etc. Some mods to DCC wiring for increased reliability. Running Canadian and NW USA area outline. Hope to see some of you there? Simon

Archived