The Great Bush

sunshine coast

....with a detailed workshop like the previous page??? Nice to see you back!

Jack .....it will be enough fun and games just to do the crossover ..... :blink: ...and I have not really been away ..just resting B) .

my idea is to try and replicate the area around the sheds etc as faithfully as I can to give the overall feel of Tinkers Park and the Great Bush railway ...ideal in someways for a layout as it is a long thin-ish area with a backdrop ,or in some cases an overhanging! of dense trees and bushes...ideal backscene ..plenty of scope for heavily weathered rotting stock in the undergrowth and pristine "new " items ....and lots somewhere inbetween ..tons of detail.. should be fun as I have not done any handlaid track for years :rolleyes: just need the time ......but that is the beauty of a challenge like this it does push you on ...to try and complete the task ..

Regards Trevor .. :D

Is it going to be O14? :)

Probably not .....as I have 3 locos ...that are for spuds :( ...so 16.5 it will be ,mostly code 82 ...but handlaid ,the sleepers there are all ex BR cut in half with rail spiked down ,so I shall be cutting up plenty of wood strips ..... :blink: the pointwork is reasonably large radius around the yard area ,it is only the scissors that is very sharp ,there are a few bits of the real stock that do not like going over that formation ..! so that will be where I start from ,I will take a few measurements when I am up there in a few weeks time ,in the meantime I shall be juggling 2010 sq inches around to give the best board areas for the various scenes ...

Regards Trevor ... :D

Nice! Look forward to seeing this, Trev!

Are you going to model any of the traction engines etc. too that appear during the rally?

Tom,

I probably will not model any of the traction engines or other road type vehicles ,mainly due to space and time constraints. I think that I will have enough to do with the railway and structures ...but you never know !!

Regards Trevor... :D

Archived