MMP Wagon Kits + PRMRP

kristian1401

The MMP Dogfish doesn't come with wheels - as with the rest of their kits you need to source the wheels yourself.

I can't comment on the PRMRP range, the sealion kit I had from them didn't have wheels.

Very few kits are supplied with wheels.

This is usually because most kit builders like to (sometimes need to) source their wheels separately. I say need to as S7 wheels are finer.

It is the same with other scales despite there now being fewer wheel suppliers to choose from.

Most wagon kits don't come with wheels, because there are a number of different wheel options out there and it can be difficult to cater for everybody, especially when you are getting into the brass kits market.

At least you can now download instructions for a number of the PRM wagon kits and see what you are getting into, some of his loco kit instructions leave a lot to be desired, but the Shark instructions seem pretty good.

Very few kits are supplied with wheels.

This is usually because most kit builders like to (sometimes need to) source their wheels separately. I say need to as S7 wheels are finer.

Both Slaters and Parkside wagon 7mm kits some with F/S wheels. You can swap them out for S7 (or coarse), for a small fee.

But you're right for etched/wm kits.

Archived