Bury St Edmunds MRC Show 21sy May 2011

sharkman

Just to remind you that the first show hosted by the Bury St Edmunds model railway club in over 20 years takes place in 10 days time on the 21st May at the Village Hall, Risby near Bury st Edmunds with easy access of the A14. Please check our website here for all the latest news.

I shall also be debuting my on layout Loch Dore featured in the layouts section of this website with fingers crossed and hoping all goes welll!!!

IT SHOULD BE A GOOD DAY OUT SO PLEASE COME A LONG.

Great to hear this is going ahead. I know a few of our Ely Club members are planning to visit the show. Not sure if I'll be able to make it yet as I may be working that day but good luck with all the final arrangements!

Hi Andy we'll keep our fingers crossed that you can attend as it does promise to be a "good one" and please make yourself known to me on the "Loch Dore" layout also anyone else from the RMweb forum, I'll have fellow members "GIZ" and "BRUSHTYPE4" operating with me so please say HELLO.

I'm just hoping the layout will work OK as this final week will be panic stations!!!!!

Ian

post-5754-0-03606700-1305587024_thumb.jpg

I will be there supporting my old club of some 45 years hence. We will be with Hobbs Warren along with the latest addition to the roster one of the Cambridge 4.

Well I made it along with (at least) 3 other Ely Club members (Malcolm Hine, our new Exhibition Manager at Ely (Main hall) who has taken over from me in that role, and two of our "N gaugers", David Evans - who is also Chairman of March Club - and John Warner).

Glorious day. Nice friendly and relaxed show. Good venue, loads of (very well managed) parking. Army of WAGs in the kitchen doing the catering (nice home made cakes!) and some good layouts/trade support. Judging by just how busy it was late morning it must have been a huge success. I even got to briefly operate Dave T's tiny EM layout Trevanna Dries, in the corner, and had a smashing time while he got some well deserved tea - the less said about that the better!

Malcolm and I then dived in the pub round the corner to conclude a very pleasant few hours.

Indeed, something for everyone I think and nice to see a few familiar faces as well. Loch Dore was a treat, Billington impressed and Twin Falls Logging with the sun on it was sublime!

C6T.

Now its over and the show was an outstanding success with 566 visitors attending much helped by the brilliant weather. Their was many good layout's and plenty of trade stands to tempt visitors although I seem to be strapped to the layout most of the day!

Lets hope next years will be as oustanding as this gone by - date 19th May 2012 venue the same.

Hi Sharkman,

Sorry I missed you last Saturday - got side tracked with lots of things whilst at your show!

Good to hear that next year's Bury show won't clash with our Ely show as were already in the very advanced stages of organising it on 12th May 2012. Being near neighbours, and Ely having a couple of Traders that I noted were also at your new show, might have caused problems!!!

Just for info, below are the dates for Ely & District Model Railway Shows for the next 3 years - we've recently settled on whatever Saturday is on the 3rd weekend in May - starting from 2013 onwards.

So that means future Ely shows are going to be as follows:

12th May 2012

18th May 2013

17th May 2014

Not trying to "stamp out our territory" but just hoping that this helps you with whatever date you plan for future shows after such an impressive start - we all hope your show will become a regular fixture.

You guys pick whatever date suites you best for the next few years, obviously, but at least you know what we have planned going on nearby. :)

Hi Sharkman,

Sorry I missed you last Saturday - got side tracked with lots of things whilst at your show!

Good to hear that next year's Bury show won't clash with our Ely show as were already in the very advanced stages of organising it on 12th May 2012. Being near neighbours, and Ely having a couple of Traders that I noted were also at your new show, might have caused problems!!!

Just for info, below are the dates for Ely & District Model Railway Shows for the next 3 years - we've recently settled on whatever Saturday is on the 3rd weekend in May - starting from 2013 onwards.

So that means future Ely shows are going to be as follows:

12th May 2012

18th May 2013

17th May 2014

Not trying to "stamp out our territory" but just hoping that this helps you with whatever date you plan for future shows after such an impressive start - we all hope your show will become a regular fixture.

You guys pick whatever date suites you best for the next few years, obviously, but at least you know what we have planned going on nearby. :)

No problems next years show which is definately a go is Saturday 19th May 2012 same venue as far as I know with same traders but totally new layouts.

Archived